Alarm Keypad Battery Icon

1. Battery Icon - indicates battery levels and current charging status

…I can’t find details on the light definitions. I’m guessing:

when not plugged in:

Solid Yellow means low on charge/needs to be charged. If yes it would be nice to know % charge remaining.

When plugged in:

Blinking Yellow means low on charge and charging.

What does blinking green mean? Does the light turn solid green when fully charged?

It would also be nice to see level of charge in the app.

If this is documented somewhere please direct me.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello @pdxtony,

Thank you for your feedback regarding showing the level of charge within the app for the Keypad. I have included information below about what the different battery icon light colors indicate.

When plugged in:

• Blinking Green - the Keypad is charging
  • Solid Green - the Keypad is fully charged

When unplugged:

• Yellow - 30% -> 11% battery left
  • Red - 10% - > 0% battery left

You may notice I have moved this conversation to its own thread and updated the title, to make it easier for other neighbors with the same question to find.

4 Likes

We need % left in the app of keypad. Ring can see this but we can’t

5 Likes

@Pdiddy , thank you for this feedback. If you have any other suggestions feel free to share them in the Alarm feature request thread.

Now, when I plug my ring keypad in, the battery green light is solid but I also get one red light. Have they changed how it works?

Hi,
About 3 months ago our keypad stopped holding charge. When plugged in all the lights come on and it reconnects to the base station but once fully charged it flashes white and completely dies the next day. It was also setting off the alarm for no reason so we’ve left it dead.

There were no issues with it up until then.

You should call customer support and get a replacement.
Call Us
US: +1(800) 656-1918 (24/7)
US: +1(888) 981-8993 (Español - 24/7)
INTL: +1(310) 929-7085 (24/7)

How long should it take the keypad to fully charge? I have had it plugged in for a week and the battery light is still flashing.

I am having same issue. Just purchased yesterday been plugged in for 24 hours still blinking green. Did they ever respond to you?

No response

Never got a response but the light eventually turned solid green. I would say it took 8 or 9 days for it to stop.

Battery light does not come on at all while charging for the first time.

Hi @Tramel54. Depending on the battery level of the Keypad when initially charging it, it may take a while for it to light up. As other neighbors have mentioned, this can take up to 8 hours. If after that time it hasn’t shown any lights, check your connections and try a different power outlet to charge with. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I wanted verification that the statement “Battery light does not come on at all while charging for the first time” is true?

I just got a keypad and have had it on the charger for a couple of days, but the battery charge level seems to remain at not quite full and the green battery LED never comes on.

Does the battery have to discharge to a certain level first and then a subsequent charge will illuminate the LED?

I just want to make sure I don’t have a defective battery and don’t realize it until a point after which I can’t return/exchange the keypad.

My ring alarm keypad does not show a green light, as it normal does.

It either shows the blue Home button, or Red away/home status.

Why is the green battery light not lighted up? if the battery is fully charged.
I checked the ring app, and is shows the battery is fully charged.

1 Like

There’s been a firmware update that (possibly) fixed the issue of the light always being on and so bright. No word from Ring on this yet so it’s still possible the firmware update inadvertently fixed the issue people have been complaining about for years now.

1 Like

Hi neighbors, there was a recent firmware update that addresses this neighbor-requested features. When your Keypad is fully charged, the battery icon LED will now turn off. In addition, when using a Keypad that is plugged in, the mode LED will blink once a minute to remind you of your alarm’s current mode.