Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about Amazon Sidewalk here!

Alarm Feature Request

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Alarm Feature Request

There are no alarm systems that will dial the police directly, they all must go through a "central station" for screening. Police departments do not want to handle thousands of false alarms.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

I am aware of all of the currently deployed settings and locations. I want more options. I want more control of what sounds my system can make and when. I want more control of devices. Like the ability if my back door opens when the system is armed home to record on my livingroom camera only. The setting are are too vague and generalized.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Apple Homekit support, please! That's all.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I know I can arm and un-arm by Ring Alarm with my phone however, can I set the alarm to arm and disarm at a certain time everyday? Also can I clear alerts, they are starting to pile up.

Highlighted
Neighbor II

You can't setup a schedule with the Ring app. I use a 3rd party app called Simple Commands that allows this and more.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thanks
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thats what I meant.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Alarm Feature Request - Keypad Light for Battery

If I mount the keypad on the wall and have it plugged in as I do, The battery light should be able to be disabled so that I don't have an annoying green light on all the time.

Thanks,

WeirDave

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I apparently had a intermittent door sensor that did not detect the door was closed after I set the alarm. Three minutes later I get a call from Ring Alarm about a alarm with this door as opened. It was fully latched and closed. After many adjustments and tests, one time I had an open door and the door was physically closed. I replaced the sensor with a spare.

Feature needed the alarm should not go to alarm unless all sensors are cleared. The door was closed when the alarm was set as desigyto do.
Highlighted
Neighbor II

The alarm will let you know when you try to arm it if any sensor is not cleared in the app and keypad. It was ask you to confirm the bypass of that sensor. It sounds like everything was cleared when you set the alarm. But something happened to that sensor after it was already set as being cleared. Maybe the gap between the sensor and magnet was just a tiny bit too far. Could be a few things as well.
See the link below. It explains this in detail. Hope this helps.
https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001173583-Bypassing-Devices