cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm Feature Request

New Neighbor III

Re: Alarm Feature Request

When looking at sensor details in the app, along with the current battery level display, it would be nice to see signal strength (1-5 bars for example).  Would help with placement and dianositcs.

Jsd
New Neighbor II

Would be nice for the Ring people to let us know if they’re working on a glass sensor and if so when will it be available
New Neighbor III

One nice feature of Samsung Smarthings is the abiity to set notification triggers.  For example, you can set a motion sensor to send a notification if there has been no activity between 7-10am, or if a specific door sensor does not open between 7-10am, as a few examples.  These notifications allow the system to go beyond just being an alarm, but aid in elderly care, for example.  I would think this functionality would open more marketshare for Ring, you already have the base infrastructure.  And if you do that, I could replace the Smartthings setup at my mother's house with Ring!

New Neighbor III

I would like to see text notifications.  You do app notifications, but they are easy to miss.  And email is not as phone friendly.  Others do this (Xfinity Home, Smarthings) so I would think this would be an easy notification method to add.  App notifications, email and text - cover all the bases.

New Neighbor

This would be a great feature. I bet there are a ton of users out there that would like to only use the motion recording feature on their Stick Up Cams when their alarms are armed in Away mode.
Please add this feature! Thanks!
New Neighbor III

When the alarm siren sounds it would be nice to have the sirens on all the cameras (or which ever ones you set) sound also.  The Ring cameras should be able to act as remote sirens.

New Neighbor II

I don't own Ring cameras, but I think that the camera sirens can be controlled by Alexa. If that is true you can use Simple Commands by kloee to recognize that Ring is "alarming" and use that as a trigger for an Alexa routine or to run as an automomous routine I do something similar to turn on auxiiary devices (lights and an additional alarm siren) when the Ring alarm is triggered. Simple Commands by kloee is free to use and greatly expands the functionality of Ring and Alexa. For instance, arming and disarming Ring from Alexa routines

New Neighbor III

The Ring Alarm should be able to work as a Ring Chime with the cameras (just like the window/door/motion chirp tones).  I have a camera on my front porch and it would be nice to hear a Ring Alarm chirp when the camera picks up motion.

New Neighbor III

A few more chime sound options would be nice.  That should be an easy one to do.

New Neighbor

Other security systems have a "key fob", that typically can be used to arm or disarm the system. (I'd actually prefer it to act as a Panic Button, but it would need to be built/housed to avoid accidentally setting off the system.)