cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm Feature Request

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Siri Shortcuts Support on iOS

Please add Siri Shortcuts support to the iOS app so users can set the Ring Alarm mode to "Disarmed", "Home", or "Away" via a voice command. This doesn't require full-blown HomeKit support so it's just a matter of willingness on the part of Ring.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Alarm Feature Request

In order to active my wired roof sirens is there a wifi power plug available like the dome sirens that just activates when the ring alarm activates. This would turn on and power my wired roof sirens, in addition any other devices I would like to active if the alarm were activate.

Highlighted
Neighbor II

I was able to find this.
https://shop.ring.com/products/ge-outdoor-smart-switch-14284

There is also another way possibly with 3rd party apps like Simple Command. But you'd have to allow access to your account and find a manufacturer that works with it.
I use it to set my alarm to timers and such. Works great so far.
Hope this helps.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

No. Ring doesn’t support this. I use a GE z-wave plug and the SimpleCommands app to do this. Works great!!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

It would be nice if you could integrate Blink cameras with Ring Alarm System. I would like for my Blink cameras to automatically record if the ring alarm is sounding an alarm (similar to what the Ring cameras do). Amazon owns both companies so why not...
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Many years ago the alarm industry tone down the volume of th red xx sirens, and yes it was due that some had there ears injuries. Not for intruders but for people living in the home on false alarms. For dogs it can drive them into the red zone.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi

A couple of features I would like to see:-

Assisted Monitoring to be at the same standard here in the UK as it is in the USA, for example contacting the Police here in the UK if the Alarm is Triggerd.

Outdoor Ring compatible Sirens.

Cheers

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Migrating from Spectrum Intelligent Home I've found several deficiencies/disappointments in the system.

1) Please add support/option for Ring App to include pin code for arming and disarming.

2) Please consider developing a Kiosk style app with sensors(current state indicators) and cameras. It would be nice to have an app to use a tablet as a control center/touch screen. The current app is too insecure with no pin code requirements.

3) Alexa/Echo integration for entry exit delays and alarm events on single device or group.

4) Motion notifications need to be able to choose multiple or single alexa devices as well as custom tones.

5) Customizable entry exit tones would be beneficial. The default tone to very low and disappointing. It would be nice to just alot more user defined tone/chirps. The available tones should be available for all devices.

6) Integrate the chirps/tones into the app when arming and disarming, entry exits, etc. Push notifications are nice. But I really dont need a text message/push not everytime I walk across the house, or go out to the garage.

7) All settings alert tones, motions, customizable for each armed/disarmed mode.

8)PLEASE Give me the option to link my cameras' sirens to my Alarm system. I can't believe they have sirens that don't sound when the security system alarms.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Agreed, the keypad looks like a fisher price toy. I almost did not buy the Ring System because of how unprofessional its appearance is.

I built a custom touchscreen from an Amazon Fire Tablet using Action Tiles, Fully Kiosk, locked down the tablet, mounted to the wall and Pin coded the entire Ring App from opening. Not the best solution, so I agree a custom app for a tablet or mobile to act as touchscreen with pin coding would be great!

Or a higher quality touchscreen keypad option.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

For number six and seven, most of these deactivation of chirps, tones, motion, camera recording are implemented.  You must go each to device settings some are at the upper right corner. For internal motion/cameras I had to deactivate all motions and camera so it doesn't record everything but with a setting, it will activate during an alarm.  You can go to live view for the camera and it will activate while you're viewing. 

What doesn't seem to be documented is the volume control on the base station. It seems to always tone on everything regardless of the device setting. You can mute the tones or lower it but the siren will be at full volume during an alarm.