Alarm Feature Request

There are many, many posts on redit and the likes about ring alarm customers who have a keypad in the bedroom and the bright green light is far too bright, causing some to go as far as putting electrical tape over the indicator or purchasing a smart outlet that turns on and off on a schedule. We shouldnt have to go to such lengths to have a keypad in the bedroom.

Regardless, if the keypad is wall mounted and permanently plugged in it is a w@ste of energy to constantly tell me the battery is fully charged, especially for a company claiming to be eco friendly. Perhaps a better use of this LED would be to tell me when there is a fault with the battery (not charging, discharging, bad battery, etc) rather than stay on forever?

Please add an option to turn the “full battery” light off.

Regarding the alarm status lights (home, away, disarmed) personally I like these indicator lights to be on constantly when plugged in and not on power saver. Because its an alarm keypad, all I care to know when I glance at it is; if my alarm is armed, or if there is anything wrong with it. That said, it would be greatly appreciated if when adding the option to turn off the “full battery” light, y’all don’t turn off the alarm status lights with it.

Considering how quickly y’all added a brightness slider for the keypad alarm status from other requests, I’m sure this one won’t be too much trouble :slight_smile:

PS, why is “w@ste” a moderated word?

11 Likes