Alarm Feature Request

@abqnm wrote:

Keypads:

1. Louder volume - they’re very quiet even at max
  2. Allow sensor chirps from the keypads in addition to the base
  3. When constantly powered (or activated by button press/proximity sensor when on battery), a status light indicating the system isn’t ready to arm. Either light up the “!” icon, or make the light ring glow a different color (amber or blue?) to indicate it isn’t ready to arm
  4. When continously powered, the keypad should act as a node on the Z-wave network, like other powered Z-wave devices do
  5. The armed light glowing red is OK, but it would be nice if the light ring glowed red when armed as well
  6. Duress PIN codes
  7. Allow 4-8 digit pins, which is the range that most of the compatible smart locks support—this 4 digit limits you to only 4 digits on the lock as well if you want to use with the Alarm
  8. Silent armimg/disarming option so you don’t have to wake the house when leaving before everyone else wakes up

Base Station:

1. Change the light ring color to red when armed and yellow to indicate a problem (the tiny network and power lights are hard to see when mounted on a wall)
  2. Act as a Chime for Ring Doorbell devices/Cameras

General:

1. More advanced diagnostics for the Z-wave network, like for example the network map (what’s using what as a node) to identify problems easier and better determine need and placement of range extenders
  2. Be able to issue a HEAL command to the Z-wave network without having to call support for it
  3. Activate ZIGBEE & Homekit support, please!
  4. More integration options, and better use of the current integration options
  5. Linked cameras (this applies to the Alarm and other devices too): create a category for these linked events, as having them appear as Live View events poses problems, especially when a linked device triggers a doorbell to record, and you can’t ring the Ring doorbell button until the recording ends. This can cause missed visitors. Put these events in their own category so the Alarm (or smart lighting) triggering the Ring Doorbells doesn’t prevent visitors from pressing the button.
  6. **Temporary disarm: ** either via a button in the app, or with a keypad code (like enter your code and press the check mark twice or something) which disarms your system for 2 minutes (or user-configurable would be better–ranging 30 sec to 5 min maybe) and automatically re-arms. This is a handy feature many alarms support that allows for letting out the dog or receiving a package or something without having to entirely disarm the system.

I know I’ve got more, which I will add to this post as I remember them (assuming it lets me edit perpetually, and not just for a few hours/days like some platforms).

Bravo sir, bravo! You hit the nail on the head with every point in this post!

16 Likes