Alarm Feature Request

Kaadray,

Agreed! They are downright absurd! SimpliSafe’s sensors are tiny and I actually purchased a system over the Ring for the size of the sensors and realized that you don’t receive any remote capabilities if you don’t pay them $25/month. I took the SimpliSafe back and purchased a Ring.

Back to the sensors, the main reason they are so big is that they use a much larger battery than other systems…potentially meaning few battery replacements through the years on “heavy use” doors. Every time you open a door the sensor wakes up and sends its status back to the base station. I have heard complaints on the batteries that are provided, I am new to the system so I can not attest to their longevity.

Being a hardware engineer, I wonder why they need such big batteries…the new Z-Waze chips are designed to draw virtually nothing until there is an event in which they wake and send the command and then they go back to sleep. I have read many negative reviews that spoke of battery usage. Whether this is the battery or shotty programming, IDK…

Overall, I am very impressed with the system and its compatibility but there are some things that need ironing. Hopefully since they are Amazon owned now, they will have some decent engineers around to tweak the system, but that may be a pipedream…

1 Like