I agree with all said in this...would add that the keypads don't indicate what zone is open. So it virtually makes the keypad useless for arming unless all zones are closed. If there is one open, you either need to have a phone (which then why have a keypad) or you need to search every door / window to find what is open. I have 27 windows and 9 doors and 2 floors. Not so easy. There needs to be a display that shows what is open / closed. PLEASE. May need to go back to ADT for this single reason only! I don't want to but have appointment in one week.
1. Automatically lock the doors when you set it to home mode. This would be great if you were going to bed you would not have to worry if all the doors are locked.
2. A true garage door sensor to see if it is open or closed. it would be great if you could open or close the door from the app as well.
3. A smoke alarm that integrated with Ring and that can be hard wired into the homes AC. The listeners just don’t cut it for me, seems like a workaround. If you can to a First Alert Z-Wave Smoke alarm that is battery powered then why can’t you offer a hard wired option.
4. What about the glass brakeage detectors? I thought they were soon to be released when I was buying my system but, here it is a year later they are still are not out.
5. I know it won’t happen but it would be great if it would integrate with Goggle Home. At least to arm the system.
I would like to suggest a new product. How about a porch box-bench whatever that can be secured to your house and have a lockable lid. When a package is delivered the delivery person rings the bell, you answer and remotely unlock the box and watch the delivery person put the package in. Then they shut the door you you say "thanx" and relook the box.
It could defeat a lot of porch pirates and it is better than shooting them on the spot.....well it's better for you anyway...all that fussy legal stuff designed to protect criminals.
Well it's a thought anyway as I already have a bench on my porch (now if I just had a Porsche in my garage....)
The Alarm system should be able to announce the NAME of the location that is open/closed. For instance, when the Front Door is opened, instead of a chime, it should announce FRONT DOOR.
This is standard on Alarm.com and other systems. As people install in large homes, just hearing a chime does NOTHING for security.
And at a minimum -- ADD MORE CHIMES.
To better utilize the Stick Up Camera indoors, I want the Stick Up cam to enable motion detection/recording when the Ring Alarm is in Away/Armed mode.
I second this! How is this not a feature already? Very disappointed to find out it doesn't work. Just so I'm clear, I need a camera WITH motion detector... and ANOTHER motion detector for my security system? Good thinking $$$... Can we at LEAST get a free security motion sensor with purchase of the camera?
I agree with the smoke detectors, I feel the listeners are just a way to fill a known gap. The First Alert z-wave would be perfect if they could be hardwired. I'm due to replace my current hardwired smoke detectors (7) and want them to integrate with my Ring alarm. This should be an easy fix since First Alarm already makes a battery powered one that works.
Garage Door senors and ability to operate the door through app would be a great addition. I currently use the door sensors on my garage doors to monitor open and close, they are also then monitored when the alarm is armed. The door sensors are not currently designed for this application, but with a small door hinge and some inginuity you can make it work. It would be nice to have a sensor designed for the garage rather than having to make "somethign work" as I did.