Alarm Feature Request

I would like to suggest a new product. How about a porch box-bench whatever that can be secured to your house and have a lockable lid. When a package is delivered the delivery person rings the bell, you answer and remotely unlock the box and watch the delivery person put the package in. Then they shut the door you you say “thanx” and relook the box.

It could defeat a lot of porch pirates and it is better than shooting them on the spot…well it’s better for you anyway…all that fussy legal stuff designed to protect criminals.
Well it’s a thought anyway as I already have a bench on my porch (now if I just had a Porsche in my garage…)

thanks!

1 Like

The Alarm system should be able to announce the NAME of the location that is open/closed. For instance, when the Front Door is opened, instead of a chime, it should announce FRONT DOOR.

This is standard on Alarm.com and other systems. As people install in large homes, just hearing a chime does NOTHING for security.

And at a minimum – ADD MORE CHIMES.

Thank you.

4 Likes

It should also announce WHICH DOOR or window is open, not just a chime.

3 Likes

How about glass breaks???

4 Likes

@RaidenSix wrote:

To better utilize the Stick Up Camera indoors, I want the Stick Up cam to enable motion detection/recording when the Ring Alarm is in Away/Armed mode.

I second this! How is this not a feature already? Very disappointed to find out it doesn’t work. Just so I’m clear, I need a camera WITH motion detector… and ANOTHER motion detector for my security system? Good thinking $$$… Can we at LEAST get a free security motion sensor with purchase of the camera?

I agree with the smoke detectors, I feel the listeners are just a way to fill a known gap. The First Alert z-wave would be perfect if they could be hardwired. I’m due to replace my current hardwired smoke detectors (7) and want them to integrate with my Ring alarm. This should be an easy fix since First Alarm already makes a battery powered one that works.

Garage Door senors and ability to operate the door through app would be a great addition. I currently use the door sensors on my garage doors to monitor open and close, they are also then monitored when the alarm is armed. The door sensors are not currently designed for this application, but with a small door hinge and some inginuity you can make it work. It would be nice to have a sensor designed for the garage rather than having to make “somethign work” as I did.

4 Likes

I second this. Would love to see smaller contact sensors or create a sensor that can do both contact and motion like nest secure as well as having a button to exit door without disarming the alarm.

1 Like

This was promised by ring years ago to add to Apple HomeKit and Siri. Why is this still not a feature?

4 Likes

Play Contact Sensor notifications on Ring Chime

When I open the door, I get a notification chime that plays through the Base Station’s speaker. However, in a larger house, the base station cannot be heard from far away and through many walls. I’d like ability to plug-in multiple Chimes around the house and have them be speakers for not just the doorbell, but also contact sensors so I get an audible alert/confirmation when a door or window is operated.

2 Likes

Yes! Motion detectors on the camera are poorly integrated with Ring Alarm. Cameras with motion detection should be able to set off the alarm when motion is detected just the same way individual motion detectors would work.

1 Like

Ring Alarm + Ring Devices should have Apple HomeKit support

I’m sure it’s been said many times in separate topics and threads. But there’s no way to limit search within the this feature request thread or sort by kudos/votes so it’s hard to tell where we are on this HomeKit topic. Is it ever coming? Has it been cancelled? Is it on hold? Your customers deserve to know.

2 Likes

I bought a tilt sensor. Would like to have the app automatically lock doors when arming and at least notify me if my garage tilt sensor detects that my garage is open. We still can’t even use routines for ring in Canada yet, which is disappointing.

When routines are eventually enabled, I’m hoping I can do these kinds of links based on arming state. I.e. when arming, lock doors, notify if garage door is open. Or, when arming away, set ecobee temperature to away setting, etc.

1 Like

Could a fob system be added like most other alarm systems?

1 Like

I do use Alexa extensively for glass break monitoring and as others have asked I would like to be able to use Alexa routines for Ring Alarm to integrate closer with Alexa and to have Guard also in home mode. An arm/disarm fob would be nice also.

As far as I can tell you have no decent solution for modern double-hung windows where the upper and lower both move .

Most double hung do not have the size (depth on the outer pane assembly) to put a sensor at the intersection of the upper and lower sections. It would also be in view, unlike side-mounting, especially given how large your sensors are.

Using two sensors for the upper and lower is expensive, wasteful (you generally don’t care if the top or bottom is open), and not even possible on a lot of window styles because your sensors are so large as contact sensors.

Alarm systems typically allow for wireless sensors that take up to 3 wired inputs. This is useful because you can place the wireless sensor itself (bulky with battery) off to the side and connect two wired contact sensors per window for upper and lower into what the system sees as a single wireless sensor. Wired contact sensors are tiny and can fit under almost any condition. If you or an installer are ambitious you can generally even run the wires in behind the moulding.

1 Like

Most alarm systems provide a wireless contact sensor form factor that allows embedding in doors for a cleaner look.

Typical example - Leviton 56A00

1 Like

Requiring an outlet for the keypad is a) horrible for retofits where keypads (at prime locations) are powered over in-wall connections that are located away from outlets and b) unsightly even if you have an outlet nearby (in-wall usb-c aren’t really a thing, and would still need to pop out at an outley nearby).

An option for basic DC input on the keypad along with something similar to your Retrofit station for hard-wired zones that can go where the old alarm panel was, or new central location, with low voltage output to power the keypads. Really your “Retrofit” alarm kit should have this built in already, along with handling the wired sensors.

1 Like

I want the ability to have the sensors make the tones if a door or window is opened only when I schedule them too. Like if I want the base station to only make the sound between the hours of 11pm-7am. This way it makes the noise only at night so we won’t be so accustom to hearing the sound. We know if we hear it at night someone is definitely entering when we are in bed.

I want more options for tones with the door/window sensors. More aggressive alert tones instead of happy sounding tones. I have an egress window in my basement with a sensor on it. If someone breaks in through that’s window and my alarm isn’t active which sometimes it’s not set I want an attention grabbing tone to clue me in that the sensor was tripped.

I want longer hour choices to snooze the motion alerts on my cameras longer than 4 hours. 6 and 8 would be nice too.

1 Like