Alarm Feature Request

I had ADT before ring and the keypad would always show the status of the alarm system and whether or not it was armed. When you live in a hose with multiple people it’s important to know what the status is. With the ring keypad, however, no lights are visible so I can’t tell whether or not I can open a door without triggering the alarm. This is very inconvenient. Also with ADT when I opened a door I could immediately tell from the continuous beep from the keypad that I had better enter my code or the alarm would sound. I would also simultaneously know this from my other keypads. With the ring keypad however there is no sound. Third with ADT when the alarm was not armed and somebody opened the door all the keypads would make an alert beep. Not so with Ring alarm. Only the base station gives the alert. This is no good if I am upstairs and the base station is downstairs. I had hoped that the upstairs ring chime would have sisnaled the alerts but no. Neither does the remote siren. I don’t understand in this day and age why all these features are not programmable by the user? The lack of these lights, and alerts makes the Ring alarm system not as good as the ADT system. Please change this. I will be submitting this review to Amazon and other sites. Very disappointed.

50 Likes