To better utilize the Stick Up Camera indoors, I want the Stick Up cam to enable motion detection/recording when the Ring Alarm is in Away/Armed mode.
1) The ability to turn on and off "arming" sounds and/or add a third mode (home...away...night). We have "home" set to arm immediatly right now so we can arm it and the sound doesnt wake anyone sleeping, however, when we leave and the kids are home sleeping, we cannot arm from the panel and need to do it remotly.
2) Integration with Smart Things...I want to be able to have lights turn on in the event of an alarm, things turn off for smoke/CO alarms etc.
Hmm, something sounds a bit off here @jst . Mind giving our support team a call at 800-656-1918 as something doesn't seem right..
Would be nice.
1. Numbers are next to the buttons. Would be nice to have the numbers on the buttons or, at least, have the buttons be rimmed in a different color or actually a different color than white.
2. Home and Away icons are nearly identical and kind of small. Would be nice to have very different icons that are more clearly visible.
3. The voice is very low and hard to hear. Would be nice to have it louder.
4. Sticky back cradle would prevent more screws in walls.
1. The sticky strips really do take off paint and what looks like the top layer of drywall. It's really light, seems as if 3M removables would work.
2. It is difficult to find the right place for these. Would be nice to use removables here as well. We ended up moving these around several times before finally affixing them to the wall with screws. Lots of excess holes and patchwork.
1. The power cord has a notch but the ethernet cable does not. Ended up having to order a flat cable because a regular round one did not work when placing on a wall.
1. Would be nice to have more detailed instructions along with an insert that shows the details of the Keypad to put up next on the wall so everyone can learn. Still confused about bypassing sensors on the keypad itself (easy on the app) and need to look that up.
I would love to use a door sensor for my mailbox so I can get an alert when the mail has been delivered. The current sensor does reach with the use of the range extender included with the alarm kit and alerts occur when I test the two parts of the sensor inside the mailbox. It even works if I have the wider side (has the battery) mounted to the mailbox, but the smaller magnetic side is not mounted. As soon as I attach the magnetic side to the metal mailbox the sensor quits working. It would be great to include a specific sensor for mailboxes or a simple kit to allow it to work when mounted on metal.
Thanks in advance for considering this,
I would love if the alarm had an option to automatically unlock my deadbolt when arming away mode because I’m about to walk out the door.
With multiple kepads/locks, a front door keypad could be linked to the front lock and the back door keypad linked to the back door lock.
I know I've got more, which I will add to this post as I remember them (assuming it lets me edit perpetually, and not just for a few hours/days like some platforms).