Alarm Feature Request

1). I would like to have the option to link my camera sirens (especially the outdoor cams) to the alarm system, and let them sound on activation on the system. This would act as a better deterent and also alert nearby neighbours of a potiental break in.

2). There needs to be break glass sensors or allow echo to do it no matter what state the alarm system has been set.

3). Allow cameras to be linked to the alarm system and only detect motion when alarm is set.

I.e internal cams could be switched off if alarm is off.

4). Better intergration between the alarm system and the other items, which would enable it to be an actual Smart home alarm.

3 Likes

@nelson5583 wrote:

1). I would like to have the option to link my camera sirens (especially the outdoor cams) to the alarm system, and let them sound on activation on the system. This would act as a better deterent and also alert nearby neighbours of a potiental break in.

This is a great idea!

@nelson5583 wrote:

2). There needs to be break glass sensors or allow echo to do it no matter what state the alarm system has been set.

I agree there needs to be glass break sensors. I don’t think using Amazon Alexa’s or Echo’s can be considered a substitute or even a stop-gap; because some people don’t want an Amazon Alexa or Echo, I’m one of those people.

4 Likes

I agree.

A stand alone sensor is the way forward.

2 Likes

Is there any plans to add Geofencing arm/disarm? this would be a perfect additional feature that would help me with a wife that hates using any alarm systems!!

Other requests are Glass break sensors, Smoke alarm integration and Fobs in the UK…

1 Like

It would be nice to be able to have the system arm ( home) every day at a set time.

1 Like

SimpliSafe has a smart deadbolt lock that can be controlled with the app. Why is Ring not competing with a similar device?

I have a Z-wave deadbolt that is listed on the website as compatible and can control it with my alarm. Look at Ring’s website in the compatible devices section.

1. I would like to enable Ring camera only to activate while alarm is in “away” mode.
  2. Battery health % for alarm KEYPAD in dashboard

The Schedule is cool. HOWEVER: What is missing is a lock code schedule.

I run an airbnb and I need to create a time/date for the user code to start working and end. This way I can create users when the guest books the stay, and forget about it. When they check in the code will work (at the appropriate agreed time) and when they check out it will stop working. I can then delete the user at my convenience.

2 Likes

Link floodlight cam to alarm base so that when the alarm (siren) is set off the siren(s) on the external cameras also sound and record.
If this was a configurable option in the app, then you could siren stick up cams etc (if required).
2. I’ve found various external (outdoor) siren(s) which are z-wave compatible, it would be good if these could be attached (paired) to the alarm base to act as the visual deterrent and sound if the ring siren was triggered.
I appreciate ring (at present) is an internal alarm, my point is, you’d like to deter before attack, as well as during. My house is ring protected, however, mines the only house on the street that you wouldn’t think has an alarm due to the lack of external siren.

1 Like

This … so many times this. Why is this not implemented yet, Ring?

I agree with all said in this…would add that the keypads don’t indicate what zone is open. So it virtually makes the keypad useless for arming unless all zones are closed. If there is one open, you either need to have a phone (which then why have a keypad) or you need to search every door / window to find what is open. I have 27 windows and 9 doors and 2 floors. Not so easy. There needs to be a display that shows what is open / closed. PLEASE. May need to go back to ADT for this single reason only! I don’t want to but have appointment in one week.

1 Like

My previous alarm sounded two beeps whenever arming and disarming. I’d love for the ring alarm to allow us to replace the code with beeps. Or else I risk waking my kids up whenever I arm in the middle of the night.

Thanks!
Alex

3 Likes
  1. Automatically lock the doors when you set it to home mode. This would be great if you were going to bed you would not have to worry if all the doors are locked.

2. A true garage door sensor to see if it is open or closed. it would be great if you could open or close the door from the app as well.

3. A smoke alarm that integrated with Ring and that can be hard wired into the homes AC. The listeners just don’t cut it for me, seems like a workaround. If you can to a First Alert Z-Wave Smoke alarm that is battery powered then why can’t you offer a hard wired option.

4. What about the glass brakeage detectors? I thought they were soon to be released when I was buying my system but, here it is a year later they are still are not out.

5. I know it won’t happen but it would be great if it would integrate with Goggle Home. At least to arm the system.

5 Likes

I would like to suggest a new product. How about a porch box-bench whatever that can be secured to your house and have a lockable lid. When a package is delivered the delivery person rings the bell, you answer and remotely unlock the box and watch the delivery person put the package in. Then they shut the door you you say “thanx” and relook the box.

It could defeat a lot of porch pirates and it is better than shooting them on the spot…well it’s better for you anyway…all that fussy legal stuff designed to protect criminals.
Well it’s a thought anyway as I already have a bench on my porch (now if I just had a Porsche in my garage…)

thanks!

1 Like

The Alarm system should be able to announce the NAME of the location that is open/closed. For instance, when the Front Door is opened, instead of a chime, it should announce FRONT DOOR.

This is standard on Alarm.com and other systems. As people install in large homes, just hearing a chime does NOTHING for security.

And at a minimum – ADD MORE CHIMES.

Thank you.

4 Likes

It should also announce WHICH DOOR or window is open, not just a chime.

3 Likes

How about glass breaks???

4 Likes

@RaidenSix wrote:

To better utilize the Stick Up Camera indoors, I want the Stick Up cam to enable motion detection/recording when the Ring Alarm is in Away/Armed mode.

I second this! How is this not a feature already? Very disappointed to find out it doesn’t work. Just so I’m clear, I need a camera WITH motion detector… and ANOTHER motion detector for my security system? Good thinking $$$… Can we at LEAST get a free security motion sensor with purchase of the camera?

I agree with the smoke detectors, I feel the listeners are just a way to fill a known gap. The First Alert z-wave would be perfect if they could be hardwired. I’m due to replace my current hardwired smoke detectors (7) and want them to integrate with my Ring alarm. This should be an easy fix since First Alarm already makes a battery powered one that works.

Garage Door senors and ability to operate the door through app would be a great addition. I currently use the door sensors on my garage doors to monitor open and close, they are also then monitored when the alarm is armed. The door sensors are not currently designed for this application, but with a small door hinge and some inginuity you can make it work. It would be nice to have a sensor designed for the garage rather than having to make “somethign work” as I did.

4 Likes