Alarm Feature Request

I would like to be able to arm and disarm my Ring Alarm from my Apple Watch.

2 Likes

I know that we are able to assign tones to doors, however, there are only five to choose from. Any way there can be more? Specific alert sounds like, “front door” or “side door” etc. I have a two year old who likes to open doors. More chime options would be nice.

1 Like

Are you talking about the tones on your phone? If so and you have an Android phone there is a way to use and make more.

No. Tones through the base station.

Yep, that’s all then. Maybe they can use the USB port for storage so we can load our own chimes and tones. Right now, it’s not being used for anything.

Please, please add volume control to the main station siren. It is much too loud for our situation.

1 Like

I think there should be volume controls for chimes and voice. In order to hear the countdown the volume has to be so loud that the “Disarmed” voice blares throughout the house. I also think you should be able to mute the voice on disarm. I don’t need a loud blaring voice to tell me that its disarmed. Simple feedback from the keypad would be sufficient.

4 Likes

Hello Ring Team!

Recently installed several cameras, doorbell and alram to home, and generally happy.

Couple suggestions for additional items and features:

1 - Add Outdoor (weather resistant contact sensors) for gates and sheds.

2 - Sound all camara sirens and start recording when allarm is triggered

3 - Make Ring App protected , open with touch ID or face recognition

4 - Consider two-way communication through Ring Home Alarm Base

Thank you!

5 Likes

Ditto, where jPojo says this:

“- Single PDF with documentation of EVERY alarm feature. I have found the website material and the simple owners manual to be too “dumbed” down to be helpful and have to resort to spending an extensive amount of time searching the site to see if a feature exists.”

2 Likes

My idea is to connect my outside path lights and floodlights to my alarm and then strobe if my alarm goes off. Also having my cams sirens go off as stated before would help.

5 Likes

The wording of the notifications are a bit clumsy, especially when you just have a single motion sensor in a room.

e.g. it currently sends me notifications such as:

_ Home Living Room in Living Room detected motion at… _

It’s a bit confusing and hard to scan at a glance.

How about omitting “Home” if the user just has a single property? (Or omit it if the name has been left as “Home”.)

Then, in order to avoid the naming awkwardness caused by needing to name the room and sensor, how about omitting the sensor name from a notification if it is set to the same as the room name?

This would then allow for both:

_ Living Room detected motion at… _

as well as

Flat Dining Area in Living Room detected motion at…

So no matter what the user’s setup is, the notifications will be clear.

1 Like

GLASS BREAK SENSOR! WE NEED ONE ASAP

5 Likes

@Unknown989 wrote:

GLASS BREAK SENSOR! WE NEED ONE ASAP

I need about 8 of them. I won’t purchase the alarm system until they come out with them.

I have an 80lb dog, so motion sensers wont work for me. Also, I have casement windows, so entry sensors won’t do any good on the style of windows I have.

4 Likes

Are there any plans to release a key fob to quickly and easily click to arm and disarm the alarm?

4 Likes

Hey @Chipsticks! I’ve moved your post over to our Alarm Feature Request board as it is not yet a feature, and is great feedback. Keep these requests coming, as we love sharing them with the team! Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would like a useful Google Assistant integration. Look at your 800+ 1 star reviews out of 1100 total on your current “integration” – https://assistant.google.com/services/a/uid/000000e4ac17fd8b

• Watch a security camera via Chromecast/Google Nest Hub.
  • Play doorbell notifications on Google Nest Mini speaker.
  • Answer the doorbell and have a conversation via a Google Nest Mini/Google Nest Hub.
4 Likes

Hello,

I have the ring home security kit and 3 cameras that work great but I was wondering if we could get a ‘door left open’ alert option for a contact sensor. Sometimes my kids do not fully close the front door or will not close it tight enough and without looking at the app itself I can not know if they actually fully closed it.

Setting a timer such as 'if door left open for 30 seconds send an alert to phone or chime in house. Repeat every 30 seconds or no repeat at all depending on the customers preference.

This can be snoozed much like the motion snooze on the camera for situations such as moving furniture or having the garage door open.

It probably would not be so useful for Windows but entry doors would certainly benefit from this.

Thank you for the consideration.

Sean

4 Likes

Can I suggest you add a feature to the app. Which allows us to set what time the ring alarms arm and what time the alarm disarms again This will be very useful For example I want my ring alarm to be set to home and armed mode from 9pm to 6 am Hope you can update the app

1 Like

Ability to report neighbors who are rude in the neighbors app.

I don’t mean to be rude, but isn’t that a bit rude?

1 Like