cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm Feature Request

New Neighbor

Re: Alarm Feature Request

The fact that the delay doesn’t work in Home mode was confirmed in a conversation with the staff at Ring (which has been my experience)
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Either your system is malfunctioning, or your door sensor is set to instant instead of entry. I assure you that the delay works the same way in home or away mode. Others here can attest to that. I suggest you double check the configuration of the door sensor.
New Neighbor

I sincerely appreciate your help on this. I had spoken to a couple representatives at Ring who attempted to give me “workarounds” to the issue, and stated it was a known problem. Instead, with your suggestion, I can now see the original configuration of the one sensor was set to “secondary” which is not what it should have been set to.

Thank you for your help.
Ben
New Neighbor II

Re: Medical Panic Request

@davefrombostons wrote:
Since that day I’ve thought about how much ring needs to add a medical panic option. Atleast on the app. You never know when a medical issue will arise. I really think it should be added for people who really need it.

Hi Dave, I'm glad to hear that you're ok, and I think that's a great idea! In the meantime, until that feature is added, if a medical need arrises, you could hit the emergency call for the fire department. Not everyone knows this, but most fire fighters are also trained EMTs, and also do rotations riding in an ambulance as well. They may show up in the red fire engine instead of an ambulance after the call, but they will be able to provide most of the same medical services an ambulance can provide, as they have much of the same equipment on a fire truck. The fire fighters will no doubt call for an ambulance to come to your house because it'll be even more well equiped, but the fire fighters would be able to provide life saving medical care in the event of a medical emergancy until an ambulance arrived to rush you to the hospital.

I do think the medical or ambulance emergency call button would be a great idea though, as many people don't know that fire fighters are also EMTs.

Glad to hear that you are feeling better!

New Neighbor

Yes! I would love a “protected by ring alarm” sign. I have the audio/video but that still didn’t deter the people who broke into our house a few months back. Want one that tells everyone our house is armed with a intelligent and high quality security system.
Ben
New Neighbor II

@davefrombostons wrote:
Yes! I would love a “protected by ring alarm” sign. I have the audio/video but that still didn’t deter the people who broke into our house a few months back. Want one that tells everyone our house is armed with a intelligent and high quality security system.

I wouldn't put the stickers that come with an alarm system up. All it does is tell a everyone what exact security system you have. If anything I'd stick with some sort of generic non-brand specific sticker. Brand specific stickers/signs will likely deter a "smash and grab" kind of burglar. I did see though where more sophisticated criminals can see that "Brand ABC Security" sign in your yard or window, look on the FCC website to see which frequency that brand operates on, and they can use cheap electronics that work on the same frequency and use it to jam/block the signal of the devices from talking to the base station. If you use a generic non-brand specific sticker/sign, then the bad guys are left guessing.

New Neighbor

I'm just learning how poorly the integration is between the Ring cameras and thier own security system.  For example, I would like to ONLY see motion alerts on the cams when the alarm is armed.  The support person I just spoke to said they are two "totally separate systems".  He said tyhe only way they are linked is that the cameras can start to record when the alarm is triggered. 

Constant motion notifications are annoying, especially when I'm home or I know people are there.  We do not run on a set schedule, so that feature does us no good whatsoever.  I cannot recommend anyone use Ring as a system until this is fixed.

New Neighbor

You may find thenew 'Modes' function helpful for this.  Using the Modes you can set some or all of the cameras to not alert during specific modes.  For example, you can set the Home Mode to not have interior cameras alert (or even have Live View available if you want), but still have the outside cameras record.  Basically, you can determine what cameras have alerts and live view based whether you choose DISARMED, HOME or AWAY.  This has help us out a lot for unneeded alerts and recording of some cameras when we are home.  You can find more info here and here.  This may not hit everything you need, but I suspect it will take care of at least some of it.  Hope this helps out!

New Neighbor

@TheCarsForever wrote:

You may find thenew 'Modes' function helpful for this.  Using the Modes you can set some or all of the cameras to not alert during specific modes.  For example, you can set the Home Mode to not have interior cameras alert (or even have Live View available if you want), but still have the outside cameras record.  Basically, you can determine what cameras have alerts and live view based whether you choose DISARMED, HOME or AWAY.  This has help us out a lot for unneeded alerts and recording of some cameras when we are home.  You can find more info here and here.  This may not hit everything you need, but I suspect it will take care of at least some of it.  Hope this helps out!

Thank you for the reply.  This is exactly what I'm looking for, unfortunately, the "sensors" that we can include or exclude do not include our outside cam motion sensors.  It shows our indoor motion and door sensors only....

New Neighbor

I think this is the feature you are looking for, and it’s due out this month.

https://community.ring.com/t5/News-and-Announcements/Introducing-Modes/m-p/2484/highlight/true#M83