Alarm Feature Request

His

3 Likes

Chhh

3 Likes

Apple Watch App is sorely needed. ADT, Vivint, SimpliSafe, Honeywell and others all have well reviewed, useful Apple Watch Apps for arming/disarming, viewing camera videos, alerts and more. I know many users of Ring who also have Apple Watches and since I’m their tech guy, I always seem to be getting the question. Looking through the feature request thread also found many asking for this app. Hope the dev team sees this!

3 Likes

It would be really nice if I could set a schedule for my alarm to turn off and on. I’ve set the alarm off on myself twice now after forgetting that I had set it for the night. For example, if it would automatically disarm at 6am, I wouldn’t have to worry about.

I do that with Simple Commands by kloee. Set it to arm at 12:15 if I forget to do it at bedtime. You just write a routine in Simple Commands then include it in an Alexa routine. Or, alternatively, the SC routine can run autonomously on a timer. Also, SC can detect the alarming state of Ring and perform other tasks such as turning on lights, auxiliary sirens, etc.

Easy to use and free! SC greatly increases the utility and convenience of Alexa and Ring and lets you use (some) 3rd party products that may not otherwise be compatible (I use Tula plugs and lamps).

3 Likes

Enable alerts for pets: I installed Ring 2 in order to monitor for my older dogs especially during cold months as one in particular no longer barks to come in, then discovered that pets are (understandably) excluded from monitoring. Would request that pet monitoring be added as an optional feature. As a sidenote my dogs are bassets (so short) and weigh 45-50 pounds.

Full support of Dome features. The box and manual state you can change sounds and many other settings, but doesn’t appear that the Ring alarm enable anything other than testing the alarm and only one sound is available. Would prefer to have similar sound for alarm as the base unit and also chirp upon sesnor trips (as an option).

2 Likes

Great idea. Still feels like it should be a built in feature.

2 Likes

1.) Would love to be able to add an outdoor siren (neighbor notifying level), whether z-wave or hard wired. My old system’s siren got people’s attention outside the house. I would love that option with Ring.

1. A snooze option to allow me to leave in the morning without waking my family with chimes and “disarmed” sounds.

Currently having to go in and turn down the volume and then back up after walking out is too many clicks and steps, and honestly annoying. I’m sure this is a very common real-life scenario for others than just me.

Currently ifnmy 11 month old wakes up in the early morning, he’s not going back to sleep and will cry non-stop. Which slows me down and eventually involves my wife needing to get up earlier than she should. A snooze option just makes life that much easier.

8 Likes

Iris alarm have a wonderful feature that allows the user to set schedules to the alarm mode. I found it very useful and feel very secure. I knew that no matter what my alarm will not forget to set itself on at night and set it self off in the morning. I really miss that Iris feature. I hope Ring can bring this feature to our peace of mind.

2 Likes

Volume levels for each category of alert, beep, enunciation should be independently adjustable. For example, I need the “Armed/Disarmed” announcements to remain relatively quiet (as these are disturbing and not very important enunciations in my house). However, the audible signal that warns of an impending siren alarm due to opening a door needs to be clearly heard to remind me to disarm.

5 Likes

Regarding the keypad: Understandably, it’s designed to stay dark as long as possible to conserve battery energy. But if there is enough battery energy to continuously power just one LED (and I believe there is), that LED should be the ‘status’ LED so that the user doesn’t have approach the keypad and wave her hand over it to discover the status of her alarm. It’s important to be able to understand what the status is from a distant and concealed vantage point. Ideally though, the user should have the choice to keep illuminated the entire array of LEDs on the keypad with the understanding that this will require more frequent charging. In my experience with the keypad, the battery capacity is ample. Another similar, acceptable setting which would conserve battery energy would be for the entire keypad to be constantly illuminated at reduced intensity until it is approached or manipulated. Currently, I find the proximity detection feature of the keypad to be unreliable and virtually ineffective.

2 Likes

From the keypad you don’t know a sensor is open until you attempt to arm the system and it tells you a sensor needs bypassed. Please have the diarmed button flash to show the status of the sensors. I came from a vivint system and it showed the sensor status at the top of the touchscreen so you were always aware.

2 Likes

Had an issue this weekend where my back door was no longer dinging when opened and found that the sensor was completely missing from my account. After talking with support it was found to be a known issue due to firmware yet a warning was never sent out to warn customers to keep an eye out. This is a blatant disregard to our safety as someone could have walked right in our door with the alarm armed and we don’t use motion sensors.

My Feature request is for an email to be sent anytime a sensor is removed from an account to make the owner aware.

3 Likes

Glass break sensors. The lack of glass break sensors is the only reason I haven’t purchased the alarm system yet. If you had glass break sensors, I’d buy the alarm system and 8-10 glass break sensors to go with it. Hard pass on the Amazon Alexa and Echo; I don’t want either one.

4 Likes

Please include the temperature in the Freeze sensor’s low temperature alert. I had to look it up, causing unneccessary worry. I know its not now adjustable, but don’t assume we all will remember that 40 deg is the threshold. To make it better, also allow us to see what the current temperature is (ie. whether its getting lower or higher).

3 Likes

I have had our ring alarm with professional monitoring since it was first released. And since then, I have been amazed at the new features with each and every update. My most recent favorite was the addition of police and fire request from the ring app. They are an extra piece of mind as I don’t yet have a panic button in the bedroom in the event of an emergency. But one feature that I never thought I’d want until the other night is a medical alert button. I was home alone about to take the dogs out when I had “stroke like” symptoms and bad on the verge of loosing consciousness. Thankfully, I didn’t and after a few minutes was okay. But in the mist of blacking our, I grabbed the keypad off the wall and was about to hit the panic buttons. But then it dawned on me. They would be sending police. Not medical help. And since that day I’ve thought about how much ring needs to add a medical panic option. Atleast on the app. You never know when a medical issue will arise. I really think it should be added for people who really need it.

4 Likes

There is a option to do so.
Ring > Devices > Alarm > Base Station > Linked Devices

@davefrombostons wrote:
There is a option to do so.
Ring > Devices > Alarm > Base Station > Linked Devices

Option to do what?

I second this suggestion! Having a key fob would really be terrific. The keypad is ok, but I like to be able to arm/disarm from outside the home. I know we can use the app. But a key fob would be so so much better. Also, when I have a pet/house-sitter come stay at my house, giving them a key fob to arm/disarm is way better than requiring them to punch in the code on the keypad. (I’m not going to have someone petsitting for me download and use the app, to access my home.)

2 Likes