cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm Feature Request

New Neighbor

Re: Alarm Feature Request

I have that with ADT and it sux. If you drop something on the floor or a pet runs too fast, it triggers. If the alarm is on in the middle of the night and the cat drops something on the floor it blows the alarm.

New Neighbor

Would love to see an app for Apple Watch that would allow you to arm and disarm from the watch.
New Neighbor

Are you developing an LED display to see what doors or windows are open like ADT? I would like to know that from the keypad. Is there a timeframe for something like that? Thanks
New Neighbor

Re: Apple Watch app

His
New Neighbor

Re: Apple Watch app

Chhh
New Neighbor

Apple Watch App is sorely needed. ADT, Vivint, SimpliSafe, Honeywell and others all have well reviewed, useful Apple Watch Apps for arming/disarming, viewing camera videos, alerts and more. I know many users of Ring who also have Apple Watches and since I'm their tech guy, I always seem to be getting the question. Looking through the feature request thread also found many asking for this app. Hope the dev team sees this!

New Neighbor

Schedule Alarm Off/On

It would be really nice if I could set a schedule for my alarm to turn off and on. I’ve set the alarm off on myself twice now after forgetting that I had set it for the night. For example, if it would automatically disarm at 6am, I wouldn’t have to worry about.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Re: Schedule Alarm Off/On

I do that with  Simple Commands by kloee. Set it to arm at 12:15 if I forget to do it at bedtime.  You just write a routine in Simple Commands then include it in an Alexa routine. Or, alternatively, the SC routine can run autonomously on a timer. Also, SC can detect the alarming state of Ring and perform other tasks such as turning on lights, auxiliary sirens, etc.

Easy to use and free! SC greatly increases the utility and convenience of Alexa and Ring and lets you use  (some) 3rd party products that may not otherwise be compatible (I use Tula plugs and lamps).

New Neighbor

Enable alerts for pets: I installed Ring 2 in order to monitor for my older dogs especially during cold months as one in particular no longer barks to come in, then discovered that pets are (understandably) excluded from monitoring. Would request that pet monitoring be added as an optional feature. As a sidenote my dogs are bassets (so short) and weigh 45-50 pounds.

New Neighbor

Full support of Dome features. The box and manual state you can change sounds and many other settings, but doesn't appear that the Ring alarm enable anything other than testing the alarm and only one sound is available. Would prefer to have similar sound for alarm as the base unit and also chirp upon sesnor trips (as an option).