cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm Feature Request

LJ
New Neighbor

Arming/Disarming Delay Times

It would be great to be able to change the delay times in Away mode to something in between 0 and 30 seconds! Thirty is too much and zero seconds is too little!

Community Manager

Re: Entry delay volume control needed when arming

Hey @zeb ! This is great feedback, thank you. I've moved this over to the feature request thread as this is not possible at this time, outside of manually lowering the volume on the Base Station and Keypad, as well as remembering to readjust for day time on both. I'll be sure to share this with the team for consideration Smiley Happy

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
zeb
New Neighbor

Re: Entry delay volume control needed when arming

Thanks. One additional note: my wife reminded me that being able to mute would be great for both arming and disarming (mute both entry and exit delays).
New Neighbor

Re: Alarm Feature Request

It would be nice to have the panel more updated with a screen.  Once someone rings the doorbell then the doorbell camera will show you instantly whos at the door.  Vivint already has this and it was very useful.  With Alexa Show/Ipad devices you still have to go through a few clicks or two in order to see whos at the front door.

Jsd
New Neighbor II

The point of Ring is cost. With that set up Ring would have to charge more for the equipment and also the $10/month monitoring would be $30 like Vivint.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Arming/Disarming Delay Times

Thank you for sharing @LJ ! I've moved this over to the feature request thread so it can be seen with all the other requests that we share with the team. This is something that's been requested before, which is great because it really builds the value of such a feature.

Keep this amazing feedback coming Smiley Happy

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
New Neighbor

Please add a glass break sensor option. That is the biggest holdout I have with Ring at this time. 

LJ
New Neighbor

Re: Arming/Disarming Delay Times

Thanks for your response!
I really think making this modification to the system/app would be appreciated by many and add to the value and flexibility of the Ring alarm system.
New Neighbor

The point of Ring is not cost in reference to the hardware. The monitoring is low-cost, but that also has nothing to do with the camera system.
New Neighbor

Just got this system and was surprised with the lack of a very basic feature.

I would like the chime to also have a feature of a voice saying which sensor is open. If you have 5 sensors (like I plan to have) you would want to know which one is open: Garage Door, Front Door, Back Door. For me this is very imporant as I have pets and if a door gets open accidentaly I'd like to be aware which one is so I can chase it down.

In addition if a sensor is open for X amount of time, it should have a voice notification as well. 

We are not always with our phones, so, you guys need to keep that in mind.

Add a skill to have Alexa say that as well, just like it does with the Ring Camera: "Someone is at the Front Door" or "Motion Detected".