cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm Feature Request

New Neighbor II

Re: Alarm Feature Request: Party/Lawn Mowing Mode - Global Motion Alerts Snooze Options

You can mute or unmute an Alexa device through the device settings in an Alexa routine

New Neighbor

Re: Alarm Feature Request: Party/Lawn Mowing Mode - Global Motion Alerts Snooze Options

I think that's what this button does.
Jsd
New Neighbor II

How do you set Ring alarm on a schedule using Alexa?
New Neighbor

Thanks!  I hadn't noticed that option.  I'll try it!  If it works, that does seem to be most of what I'm looking for.  I would still like the snooze features across the application to be user-selectable beyond four hours, but not having to do it on each device every time makes it better.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

I use Simple Commands by kloee. In S.C. I create a routine to turn on the Ring Security system in "Home" mode. Then I setup an Alexa routine in "timed" mode and call the S.C. routine as a scene. In my Alexa routine, it also turns off un-needed lamps and changes my office lamp to color red. My normal bedtime Alexa routine does the same actions - Alexa, bed time"

New Neighbor II

Alexa routine will accept multiple timers

New Neighbor II

Alexa by itself doesn't recognize the Ring Alarm System, but Simple Commands by kloee does. You have to get a free subscription to Simple Commands.  S.C. can activate, deactivate and recognize the state of the Ring System as well as Alexa controlled devices, i.e., it knows it Ring is "alarming". Use these features to create an S.C. routine which can run autonomously on a timer or be used in an Alexa timed (or not) routine. I think that Simple Commands has an Alexa skill and your Ring devices have to be installed on Alexa before they can be used in Simple Commands.

This is easier than it sounds and S.C. really expands the usefullness of both Ring and Alexa devices such as smart plugs and ights.

My best use of Simple Commands is to recognize when Ring is in the "alarming" state and turn smart lights, smart plugs and an auxiliary siren.

New Neighbor

Motion Sensor Improvements

I believe some improvements could be made to the motion sensors.

If the security system is in a mode in which the motion sensor doesn't trigger the alarm:

1. Disable the motion detected light. When I'm in my living room the motion detected light flashes every few minutes as I move around.
  2. Disable the motion sensor completely. The frequent motion detection drains the battery unnecessarily, and floods my alarm history with useless info. If the motion sensor was disabled and not just unmonitored I'm guessing the battery would last longer.
New Neighbor

Re: Apple Watch app

Can we please have this?! Smiley Sad

zeb
New Neighbor

Entry delay volume control needed when arming

When I arm the system at night or disarm in the morning, it is way too loud with sleeping kids. However if I lower the volume, then the entry delay sound is too quiet and we accidentally set off the alarm not realizing it was on.
As a user I want to mute temporarily the exit delay when arming the system from the keypad or app so that 1. the keypad and base station do not wake my family at night or in the morning and 2. so that I can still have a high volume when arming during the day or when the entry delay is tripped.