Alarm Feature Request

I know it’s been requested several times but how about some integration for when the alarm is set off. When the alarm goes off if we had a routine, we could use the Alexa app or use the Ring app to turn on a plug/light etc. I have purchased the ring lighting bridge becaus eI thought it would turn on lights on alarm trigger, which it does not. Also wanted to hook up an external siren to the low voltage transformer. The transformer runs the siren fine, but without the app signalling the plug or transformer to turn on, it won’t activate the siren or turn on the alarm lights. Seems should be a simple issue, but just doesn’t function. Either add to the lighting transformer only for external use or a plug and I can get a smaller transformer. Doesn’t matter which to me, but I do need a usable siren. You already have integration with the dome siren which is supposed to be 120db but it is 120db at 1" Since it has to be installed inside, not really a usable siren. I like the ring alarm system and have since purchased 3 full alarm units, 4 cameras, fire alarm sensors, lots of motion sensors, wireless bridges, smoke alarms, etc. Can’t even tell you how many ring devices I actually have on a couple of different properties, but it’s a lot. This is coming from someone who uses redundant dvrs and has more security camera coverage in their business than a major chain store. The ring cameras are a secondary backup device. also use them at a different location to check on aging adult. Integration with the camera sirens would be good as well.

4 Likes