cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm Feature Request

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Feature Request

The ability to arm the alarm I’m away mode with the front door open and using the exit delay to exit home and when the front door closes that sensor will still be monitored.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring Alarm Suggested Improvements

Yes, its integration with 3rd party equipment, and with their own is definitely a weakness.

An approach that I have taken to achieve what you suggest is using IFTTT.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring Alarm Suggested Improvements

Exactly definitely need the ability to schedule lights and outlets to turn on daily at a specific time or for example during the holidays.

I'm still using my smartthings hub from Samsung for the time being to do this...
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Alarm Feature Request

We need to see some movement on water and flood sensor's temperature range and sensing.

By limiting to freezing you're not serving 60% of the planet who are more concerned with HI Temp and mold consequences than freezing

I'd love to buy this product but my install is in Florida and alarming at 40f isn't valuable...

Water and hi temp? Very valuable
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I know it has been requested multiple times, but IFTTT support for the alarm would be great. I understand the security implications of having routines activate or deactivate the system, but I could really utilize functions on the IF side.

Examples:

IF the bedroom windows are open, turn the thermostat heat/cool off, turn the fresh air intake fan on (seperate timer controller than the thermostat for my home).

(We like to have the upstairs windows open for fresh air when the weather is nice.)

IF the Ring Alarm is in armed away, change the thermostat to away mode

I can't do these through Alexa routines "yet" because the output functions are still very limited for the Ecobee. IFTTT has the best output/THEN for my thermostat but Alexa has the best Ring inputs/IF. Wish they could both get on the same page.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Have you looked into SimpleCommands? Their service is quite useful for IFTTT like configurations. I doubt we will ever see much more integration from Ring to third party devices.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

my hope is - that like Samsung - they adjust their own offering - MUCH preferred to 3rd party integration...  

hoping someone wakes up and realizes 'freezing' alarms only are freezing them out of the majority of the world market...

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Annoyingly simplecommands is not available in the uk.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Mute alexa announcements when ring alerts are in snooze would be nice.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I tried it, but unfortunately it doesn't have the modes for the Ecobee for sleep/home/away. just off/on/auto. Annoying. IFTTT, Alexa, and SimpleCommands all have a piece of the puzzle but none have the hole package.