Alarm Feature Request

I am a former Time Warner/Spectrum Intelligent Home customer and one of the things I was looking forward to was better Smart Home integration with Ring Security. While I realize the Security System is relatively new, it falls short in the ability to schedule notifications and activities around the Alarm itself.

• If the Alarm is actually triggered, I would like the ability to turn on all or selected smart lights (not just “ring” lights – so better integration with Alexa based on alarm triggered events). It is very important to address this ability if an Alarm has been triggered and not just when motion is detected.
  • Along the same lines, it would be much more beneficial if even motion notifications were tied to the status of the Alarm (i.e., the option to suppress motion notifications if Alarm-Disarmed).

Perhaps I have missed somethings, but these are abilities that were incorporated into the outdated system I previously had so it is disappointing these functions are not available with Ring.

2 Likes