Alarm Feature Request

Hello Ring Team!

It would be great if there were an option to use Face ID or Touch ID before being able to enter the iPhone app. It’s an added layer of security if you want it.

-Yank

2 Likes

Ability to link spotlight cam sirens to Ring Alarm.

Third party Z Wave siren support. Currently I’m using alexa to connect a Ring motion sensor to a third party siren. Ring recognises the siren as a light.

I have had trouble with burglars breaking into my backyard. I need a product that detects motion outdoors and also an outdoor beam sensor. Those two products would make my home safer because they detect the burglar before they come into my house.

Could use the app from your car to set it.

On the sensors I have there is the ability to set a sensor to be armed only for a specific mode. My “in house” sensors are set to be armed only in the AWAY mode while my doors with entry/exit access (main doors) are set to be armed both in HOME and AWAY. Is this what you are looking for?

I am a former Time Warner/Spectrum Intelligent Home customer and one of the things I was looking forward to was better Smart Home integration with Ring Security. While I realize the Security System is relatively new, it falls short in the ability to schedule notifications and activities around the Alarm itself.

• If the Alarm is actually triggered, I would like the ability to turn on all or selected smart lights (not just “ring” lights – so better integration with Alexa based on alarm triggered events). It is very important to address this ability if an Alarm has been triggered and not just when motion is detected.
  • Along the same lines, it would be much more beneficial if even motion notifications were tied to the status of the Alarm (i.e., the option to suppress motion notifications if Alarm-Disarmed).

Perhaps I have missed somethings, but these are abilities that were incorporated into the outdated system I previously had so it is disappointing these functions are not available with Ring.

2 Likes

I am surprised this feature does not already exist, I definitely want this one.

No. Very aware of those features. Looking for a socket, like the sirens, that will turn on when the alarm is tripped. This would power my exterior sirens.

3 Likes

The ability to arm the alarm I’m away mode with the front door open and using the exit delay to exit home and when the front door closes that sensor will still be monitored.

Yes, its integration with 3rd party equipment, and with their own is definitely a weakness.

An approach that I have taken to achieve what you suggest is using IFTTT.

Exactly definitely need the ability to schedule lights and outlets to turn on daily at a specific time or for example during the holidays.

I’m still using my smartthings hub from Samsung for the time being to do this…

2 Likes

We need to see some movement on water and flood sensor’s temperature range and sensing.

By limiting to freezing you’re not serving 60% of the planet who are more concerned with HI Temp and mold consequences than freezing

I’d love to buy this product but my install is in Florida and alarming at 40f isn’t valuable…

Water and hi temp? Very valuable

I know it has been requested multiple times, but IFTTT support for the alarm would be great. I understand the security implications of having routines activate or deactivate the system, but I could really utilize functions on the IF side.

Examples:

IF the bedroom windows are open, turn the thermostat _heat/cool off, _turn the fresh air intake fan on (seperate timer controller than the thermostat for my home).

(We like to have the upstairs windows open for fresh air when the weather is nice.)

IF the Ring Alarm is in armed away, change the thermostat to away mode.

I can’t do these through Alexa routines “yet” because the output functions are still very limited for the Ecobee. IFTTT has the best output/THEN for my thermostat but Alexa has the best Ring inputs/IF. Wish they could both get on the same page.

Have you looked into SimpleCommands? Their service is quite useful for IFTTT like configurations. I doubt we will ever see much more integration from Ring to third party devices.

my hope is - that like Samsung - they adjust their own offering - MUCH preferred to 3rd party integration…

hoping someone wakes up and realizes ‘freezing’ alarms only are freezing them out of the majority of the world market…

Annoyingly simplecommands is not available in the uk.

Mute alexa announcements when ring alerts are in snooze would be nice.

I tried it, but unfortunately it doesn’t have the modes for the Ecobee for sleep/home/away. just off/on/auto. Annoying. IFTTT, Alexa, and SimpleCommands all have a piece of the puzzle but none have the hole package.

I have owned my ring alarm for a day. Initial feedback - the indoor video camera is going off non stop. You should add geofencing or support 3rd party cameras like Arlo that have geo-fencing. You have first alert smoke detectors. The $10 dollar price point is nice but lack of geofencing is aggravating and will probably result in a return of the alarm and cameras until you get it. Any plans or eta?

I was going to sell my arlo and get 5 cameras (two outdoor). There is a vast market share you are missing out on. Geofence Garage door openers that close when armed . That is why I got an alarm in the first place when I bought my house. To manage the garage look at cameras to make sure it closed …

Thanks fir reading this post.