Alarm Feature Request

I sixth and seventh

1 Like

I would like to be able to use Ring in routines other than I’m home and I’m leaving. So when i tell alexa goodnight she arms the alarm.

3 Likes

Alexa features are a popular request lately! Not to worry, our team has never stopped working on integrations and further automation with Alexa enabled products and our devices. I 8th and 9th this, and am sharing the growing interest in routines with the team.

Native Zwave scheduling - the ability to schedule Zwave devices to toggle on or off at specific times

Zwave device on/off based on camera detecting motion

Alerts based on device status - eg Zwave door lock had been unlocked, and is still unlocked 30/60/90 minutes later.

2 Likes

Please support setting Ecobee thermostat to Away and Home when my Alarm is Set or Disarmed.

2 Likes

Someone asked to be able to turn on all lights when an alarm went off – while Ring may have ambitions to do this with Ring lighting, integratgion with Alexa to support Alexa based lighing, sensors, sirens, cameras and any other thing that typically would be present in an Alarm system is critical. You are the same company after-all, competing with youself seems odd.

5 Likes
  • Scheduled arm/disarm (night time auto arm)
  • do not disturb mode bypass on iOS for alerts
  • Presence based arm/disarm (phone gps / WiFi)
  • more native integration with home assistant (so advanced users can arm/disarm with custom conditions, easily read sensor status for automation purposes)
2 Likes

Would love to have duress code! An absolute necessity for security!

6 Likes

I would like to be able to adjust the volume on the siren or even the ability to have a “silent alarm”. I haven’t seen this mentioned previously and can think of many scenarios where that ability would be helpful.

4 Likes

I’d really like a silent panic capability. If there’s an intruder, or someone at the door with a weapon, I don’t want to alert him by sounding an alarm. I also don’t want him to see that the alarm has been tripped, so he can demand that I disarm it. I also don’t want the Monitoring station phoning me to verify if there is a problem. I want the police notified Immediately. I’d like the option to be able to send this using the Panic Button, also from the keypad or the app.

4 Likes

@TomBurton , you’ll see I’ve moved your post into this Alarm feature request thread, as many others have shared interest in a similar feature. We will definitely share this with the team again to reinforce our neighbors value of it! Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

At home mode change:

To allow selected motion sensors to be active in the home overnight.

Reason:

At night when asleep it would be desirable to be able to turn on selected motion detection devices on the ground floor, in effect using selected ground floor IR movement sensor as well as having the contact sensors monitoring doors and windows.

Reason being that without glass break monitoring, someone can break in via a window not disturb the contact and in the case of an open plan ground floor pretty much move around without tripping an alert.

If you could select specific home profiles (Home contact sensors only or Home night time contact sensors and selected IR sensors) this would give better security coverage at night when users are most vulnerable.

2 Likes

The fact that Ring has not made a glass sensor available (as has Simpli Safe) is terrible.

10 Likes

I would love to have a reminder on my iphone to arm my alarm if I forget to set it.

Perhaps through gps sensing (similar to Apple notes reminding me of something when I get to a specific location–great feature btw.)

Does the Ring alarm have a glass break sensor? I currently have another system and I want to switch to Ring BUT I have windows that don’t open that I need protected and a Glass break sensor is currently doing the job.

10 Likes

No it does not and we all are wondering why???
However, the Echo can be used with ring as a glass-breakage “sensor”, provided you have an echo in the room where the windows are located. (Settings/Guard)

And Alexa guard only works when armed in away mode. So it’s a poor substitute for glass-break detectors.

2 Likes

Simple solution with Simple Commands by kloee. The Simple Commands website dashboard can create a routine that will detect when the Ring state goes to “alarming” and control Alexa compatible devices (and others, I presume). Easy to use and free. Great product. I love it

1 Like

You may be able to use what you have by setting up Simple Commands to use them if they are compatible with S.C. You didn’t mention what kind of sensors you have or I would check for you.

1 Like

The Ring alarm motion sensor LED is so bright, it is like a lightning strike just occured in my bedroom when I roll over in bed. Please put a way to disable the LED in the app. I get it that you want people to have visual feedback that the detector is working but putting the detector in this location gives me the best coverage with my layout. I put three layers of tape over it and it is still to bright in a pitch black room. Aluminum foil is next I guess.

I do love the product!

1 Like