Alarm Feature Request

3rd party Actiontiles. However with out smartthing I dont know what you would need it for maybe someone else can help with what you can do without smartthings and just Ring.

With the standard keypad you can invite additional users who create their own profiles.

Thanks for the tip on simple commands. That made my life much easier and my wife much happier. Happy wife happy life!!

Now if we can get the entry exit delays to sound on my panel/fire hd ill really be in business. Any suggestions??? I really dont want to pay for another smartthings app just to get the delays and havent been able to get them running through anything including my WAM R3s…

Ring product(s) lacks simple features.

Ring is one of the only security companies that doesn’t have geofencing. This feature would be so convenient for my ring alarm system.

Not only that, you can’t even schedule automatic disarming / arming for your security system.

You are even limited to setting custom timers for modes. Why can’t I type any number? Why do I have to pick a preset number? Simple stuff like this…

If you want to compete with other companies you need to stay updated with the features!

3 Likes

SILENT ALARM

I live in a townhouse and as a new Ring customer, I’m trying to avoid false alarms/sirens to not disturb neighbors. One way of doing this at least for the first few days I thought of was to not sound the siren, but receive mobile alerts from sensors. I realized, this can be done with Ring. However, there is no “easy” way to do it. What I’ve decided to do is to leave the alarm in the Unarmed state, but individually enable the various sensor alerts (open/closed or motion alerts). This effectively creates a “silent alarm” of sorts. I think this is a very useful feature… Notification is a power in and of itself, but I wish I did not have to disarm my alarm to do this and/or a one-click setting to monitor all devices would be useful.

In fact, I could see use-cases for always wanting to operate in this mode, especially if cameras are involved, where live feeds can be checked for intruders. Is there any better way to do this? Does anyone else have false alarm concerns? I haven;t heard the siren yet but from what I’ve heard it’s quite loud.

The siren is not loud at all. Its quite disapointing actually. I can hear it from 12 ft away but its no wherr near deafening and definitely cannot be heard from out side my house.

I would not be worried about false alarms. I am more concerned with a an actual live event not causing enough deterrence. Also the alarm wont sound your outside camera sirens so theres another disapointment for me.

1 Like

We need glass break sensors!

1 Like

I would appreciate having the means to setup the Panic Button without sounding the siren. It appears this used to be the case (there’s a different set of instructions included with the product), but as of now, I cannot move forward in the app without causing a racket.

Please see the attach guide to creating a secured touch panel for Ring using Smartthings and Actiontiles. Hope it helps.

Notes_200130_184245_b2e.pdf (1.79 MB)

I will have to agree. Need to have the option to turn off the arming sound. This is very annoying when 1 member of the family have to leave earlier and wake up everyone else with the arming sound. Customer service had told me to just turn the sound to a lower level. That is not and option as I need to ear if door get open by my children. So please add this option ASAP.

1 Like

Better integration between ring alarm, and all cameras. I would like it if the cameras could also serve as motion detectors for the alarm system. Also when alarm is in away mode, all stickup cams automatically start recording motion.

2 Likes

**I have not been able to use my alarm system at all! I have had it for almost 2 years! Their App is terrible, I can not even change my code so I can use it when someone had my old code. Every time I leave the house, I hoped I was safe with all of the doorbell, floodlights. Pathlights, & cameras I have! There is always a lag in pictures and videos,the sensors stop working because of the APP. I was away for a few months due to death in family! I was scared to leave my home alone! Bought extra floodlights & camera! The WiFi stopped half way thru my trip, which stopped ALL OF THEIR PRODUCTS! THEY FROZE! **
partly not their FAULT!!! Could not get them to OBTAIN, any of my videos!
Now I HAVE CALLED ALMOST EVERYDAY THIS WEEK TO CORRECT APP ,AND CHANGE CODE, AND THEY CANNOT DO IT!! The AGENT THAT ISPOKE TO TONIGHT DID NOT KNOW HOW TO HANDLE ANYTHING. HE WOULD NOT EVEN CONNECT ME TO ALARM DEPT. I TOLD HIM I WILLGET ADT

Please add Z wave open and close commands for devices like garage door openers and smart water valves.

It appears only on/off is supported for light switches…

1 Like

Think I’ll leave Ring take this one…

I had the same issue and all I had to do was upgrade my wifi. Once I did that, everything worked perfectly! I recomend the Orbi mesh system.

I would really like for the Amazon Alexa routines to be able to recognize when Ring is alarming. Work arounds don’t quite do what I want to do. What I want to do is to start an Alexa routine when the Ring system goes to the “alarming state” so that I can use Alexa skills such as “Police Siren.” So far the only way I can find is to use a Ring motion sensor to trigger an Alexa routine. Too many sensors, too many routines, limited to specific times - not an acceptable solution

2 Likes

If this is possible, sync the alarm siren with the flood cam sirens? That would make a better and more effective alarm system that will definitely get the attentions of your neighbors and the intruder. Please work on a firmware update and make this possible!!!

Also if your base station can tell you verbally which sensor is being triggered if you’re in “home” mode. Please work on these integration to be ahead of the curve in the home security industry.

Create geo-fencing or something similar. Ex: you leave your house in a hurry and you forget to arm your alarm. You have your boundaries set from your geo-fencing to alert you that the the alarm wasn’t set.

Thank you for your time and sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, if so please get this into the right hands.

2 Likes

I do not have the Protect Plan in my country (UAE) for voice calls and woke to find my apartment flooded and a silent notification on my phone. Why can’t the users have an option to have an alarm on the base station for flood sensors when in armed mode?? The chirp or voice message isn’t loud or long enough to wake a mouse!! Disappointed in the lack or configuration, I’ll try to sell my Ring system for one with better configuration

Make the sirens of other Ring connected devices within the same house, also come on, when the Siren form the alarm base station gets triggered. This feature will further assist in crime prevention, as well as align perfectly with Ring’s mission statement.

2 Likes

I just had a conference call with Amazon Ring Advocate Executive team. It does not sound promising for the integration of sirens. I am quite displeased about this. I bought all of these cameras with sirens under misleading advertising about the sirens.

1 Like

All that is needed is that the siren function gets automated.

One can still trigger them individually, but why do that if Ring can just add that function to linked devices as they did with lights or video recording. ?‍♂️

2 Likes