cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm Feature Request

New Neighbor

Re: Alarm Feature Request

Request: Option for our Floodlight and Spotlight sirens to be triggered when Alarm base is triggered
New Neighbor II

@Neighbor316 wrote:
Request: Option for our Floodlight and Spotlight sirens to be triggered when Alarm base is triggered

Im shocked this wasnt built in from the start. Thinking it would trigger the camera siren, i got myself the whole kit and unfortunately learned after installing that these two (alarm base and cameras with a siren) are not very well linked.

New Neighbor

Yes, I opted for the spotlight camera over the Stickup cam (even tho the Stickup cam fit my needs better and is cheaper) because it had the siren feature.

I feel like this is an added security feature that trumps potential noise violations. Ring needs to address this ASAP and give us an option to link the sirens to the base. This is an easy fix, that gives us users added security.
New Neighbor

The ability to use interior cameras as motion detectors would be great.
New Neighbor

My stickup cam has a siren feature too, so I don’t understand people saying they choose the spotlight cam over it for the siren. All of my ring cams (not doorbells) have the siren - spotlight, floodlight, and stickup.
New Neighbor II

I would like need to execute Alexa routines based upon the Ring System alarming. Alexa can arm and disarm the ring but cannot trigger a routine based on the Ring alarming.  This seems to me to be a Ring shortcoming not Alexa's. If I have a breakin in the middle of the night, I REALLY don't want to have to turn on lights manually. I consider this to be a serious security flaw

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

I second and third this
Converted from Iris. Currently have a ring alarm, doorbell, wired spotlight cam, and waiting on the new ring lighting!
Jsd
New Neighbor II

I fourth and fifth that!
New Neighbor

I sixth and seventh
New Neighbor

I would like to be able to use Ring in routines other than I'm home and I'm leaving. So when i tell alexa goodnight she arms the alarm.