Alarm Feature Request

Awesome Ideas @bryanatwood ! I’ve moved them over to our feature request thread so they can be compiled with everyone’s amazing requests :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Did you do any research before buying your Ring system? Sounds like you bought the car before the test drive and are now complaining about the horsepower.

@swagnations wrote:
Did you do any research before buying your Ring system? Sounds like you bought the car before the test drive and are now complaining about the horsepower.

This is a feature request thread. That’s the whole point—requesting features the Alarm doesn’t currently have.

You didn’t specify who you were replying to (luckily) and there are quite a few different people who posted in this thread, but your comment borders on being inappropriate, regardless of who it was directed at. I’d encourage you to maybe reconsider how you behave in public forums, as not everyone can do everything to your liking. Active participation is welcome, but coming to just insult random community members requesting Alarm features is unnecessary and not productive.

I don’t work for Ring, so these views are my own.

6 Likes

Also Have the ability to turn the camera Motion off when the system is disarmed
Basically when the system is armed the camera would alert when the system is just armed the camera would not alert

7 Likes

Being able to enable and disable motion recording based on alarm mode would be very helpful. I would like to place Ring cameras in several high traffic areas inside and outside the house, and for privacy reasons, only want them to record and notify motion when the alarm is set to away and no one is supposed to be there.

6 Likes

Request: Option for our Floodlight and Spotlight sirens to be triggered when Alarm base is triggered

13 Likes

@Neighbor316 wrote:
Request: Option for our Floodlight and Spotlight sirens to be triggered when Alarm base is triggered

Im shocked this wasnt built in from the start. Thinking it would trigger the camera siren, i got myself the whole kit and unfortunately learned after installing that these two (alarm base and cameras with a siren) are not very well linked.

7 Likes

Yes, I opted for the spotlight camera over the Stickup cam (even tho the Stickup cam fit my needs better and is cheaper) because it had the siren feature.

I feel like this is an added security feature that trumps potential noise violations. Ring needs to address this ASAP and give us an option to link the sirens to the base. This is an easy fix, that gives us users added security.

9 Likes

The ability to use interior cameras as motion detectors would be great.

6 Likes

My stickup cam has a siren feature too, so I don’t understand people saying they choose the spotlight cam over it for the siren. All of my ring cams (not doorbells) have the siren - spotlight, floodlight, and stickup.

I would like need to execute Alexa routines based upon the Ring System alarming. Alexa can arm and disarm the ring but cannot trigger a routine based on the Ring alarming. This seems to me to be a Ring shortcoming not Alexa’s. If I have a breakin in the middle of the night, I REALLY don’t want to have to turn on lights manually. I consider this to be a serious security flaw

10 Likes

I second and third this

2 Likes

I fourth and fifth that!

2 Likes

I sixth and seventh

1 Like

I would like to be able to use Ring in routines other than I’m home and I’m leaving. So when i tell alexa goodnight she arms the alarm.

3 Likes

Alexa features are a popular request lately! Not to worry, our team has never stopped working on integrations and further automation with Alexa enabled products and our devices. I 8th and 9th this, and am sharing the growing interest in routines with the team.

Native Zwave scheduling - the ability to schedule Zwave devices to toggle on or off at specific times

Zwave device on/off based on camera detecting motion

Alerts based on device status - eg Zwave door lock had been unlocked, and is still unlocked 30/60/90 minutes later.

2 Likes

Please support setting Ecobee thermostat to Away and Home when my Alarm is Set or Disarmed.

2 Likes

Someone asked to be able to turn on all lights when an alarm went off – while Ring may have ambitions to do this with Ring lighting, integratgion with Alexa to support Alexa based lighing, sensors, sirens, cameras and any other thing that typically would be present in an Alarm system is critical. You are the same company after-all, competing with youself seems odd.

5 Likes
  • Scheduled arm/disarm (night time auto arm)
  • do not disturb mode bypass on iOS for alerts
  • Presence based arm/disarm (phone gps / WiFi)
  • more native integration with home assistant (so advanced users can arm/disarm with custom conditions, easily read sensor status for automation purposes)
2 Likes