Alarm Feature Request

I was able to find this.
https://shop.ring.com/products/ge-outdoor-smart-switch-14284

There is also another way possibly with 3rd party apps like Simple Command. But you’d have to allow access to your account and find a manufacturer that works with it.
I use it to set my alarm to timers and such. Works great so far.
Hope this helps.

No. Ring doesn’t support this. I use a GE z-wave plug and the SimpleCommands app to do this. Works great!!

It would be nice if you could integrate Blink cameras with Ring Alarm System. I would like for my Blink cameras to automatically record if the ring alarm is sounding an alarm (similar to what the Ring cameras do). Amazon owns both companies so why not…

Many years ago the alarm industry tone down the volume of th red xx sirens, and yes it was due that some had there ears injuries. Not for intruders but for people living in the home on false alarms. For dogs it can drive them into the red zone.

Migrating from Spectrum Intelligent Home I’ve found several deficiencies/disappointments in the system.

1. Please add support/option for Ring App to include pin code for arming and disarming.

2. Please consider developing a Kiosk style app with sensors(current state indicators) and cameras. It would be nice to have an app to use a tablet as a control center/touch screen. The current app is too insecure with no pin code requirements.

3. Alexa/Echo integration for entry exit delays and alarm events on single device or group.

4. Motion notifications need to be able to choose multiple or single alexa devices as well as custom tones.

5. Customizable entry exit tones would be beneficial. The default tone to very low and disappointing. It would be nice to just alot more user defined tone/chirps. The available tones should be available for all devices.

6. Integrate the chirps/tones into the app when arming and disarming, entry exits, etc. Push notifications are nice. But I really dont need a text message/push not everytime I walk across the house, or go out to the garage.

7. All settings alert tones, motions, customizable for each armed/disarmed mode.

8)PLEASE Give me the option to link my cameras’ sirens to my Alarm system. I can’t believe they have sirens that don’t sound when the security system alarms.

Agreed, the keypad looks like a fisher price toy. I almost did not buy the Ring System because of how unprofessional its appearance is.

I built a custom touchscreen from an Amazon Fire Tablet using Action Tiles, Fully Kiosk, locked down the tablet, mounted to the wall and Pin coded the entire Ring App from opening. Not the best solution, so I agree a custom app for a tablet or mobile to act as touchscreen with pin coding would be great!

Or a higher quality touchscreen keypad option.

For number six and seven, most of these deactivation of chirps, tones, motion, camera recording are implemented. You must go each to device settings some are at the upper right corner. For internal motion/cameras I had to deactivate all motions and camera so it doesn’t record everything but with a setting, it will activate during an alarm. You can go to live view for the camera and it will activate while you’re viewing.

What doesn’t seem to be documented is the volume control on the base station. It seems to always tone on everything regardless of the device setting. You can mute the tones or lower it but the siren will be at full volume during an alarm.

There are no alarm systems that will dial the police directly, they all must go through a “central station” for screening. Police departments do not want to handle thousands of false alarms.

I am aware of all of the currently deployed settings and locations. I want more options. I want more control of what sounds my system can make and when. I want more control of devices. Like the ability if my back door opens when the system is armed home to record on my livingroom camera only. The setting are are too vague and generalized.

Apple Homekit support, please! That’s all.

1 Like

I know I can arm and un-arm by Ring Alarm with my phone however, can I set the alarm to arm and disarm at a certain time everyday? Also can I clear alerts, they are starting to pile up.

You can’t setup a schedule with the Ring app. I use a 3rd party app called Simple Commands that allows this and more.

Thanks

If I mount the keypad on the wall and have it plugged in as I do, The battery light should be able to be disabled so that I don’t have an annoying green light on all the time.

Thanks,

WeirDave

1 Like

I apparently had a intermittent door sensor that did not detect the door was closed after I set the alarm. Three minutes later I get a call from Ring Alarm about a alarm with this door as opened. It was fully latched and closed. After many adjustments and tests, one time I had an open door and the door was physically closed. I replaced the sensor with a spare.

Feature needed the alarm should not go to alarm unless all sensors are cleared. The door was closed when the alarm was set as desigyto do.

The alarm will let you know when you try to arm it if any sensor is not cleared in the app and keypad. It was ask you to confirm the bypass of that sensor. It sounds like everything was cleared when you set the alarm. But something happened to that sensor after it was already set as being cleared. Maybe the gap between the sensor and magnet was just a tiny bit too far. Could be a few things as well.
See the link below. It explains this in detail. Hope this helps.
https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001173583-Bypassing-Devices

Please add keypad pin code requirement to app’s arm disarm actions.

This is a major security vulnerability. If a user looses their phone. Or their phone is stolen, the person in possesion now has access to their home address and arm disarm features as well as video, routines, etc.

I am a new Ring subscriber and expexted a more professional level security system than I feel I have recieved. This seems to be an oversight in the development of this system. Please add the requested feature on the next app update.

So, you don’t have any security set on your phone? That’s the first line in defense. Very few apps have security built in. If someone takes my device they cannot get in, I can remotely wipe it as well. If they power it off and on later it still won’t allow access to my phone. Maybe at some point they will add this feature, but for now protect your phone. Some phones even offer to lock any apps you want.

This is a feature request board intended to send requests to the developer. Work arounds do not provide accurate system flaw feed back and hide the necessity of required fixes.

If I do or dont run a security lock on my phone has no bearing on whether or not the app is secure in its design.

You are required to enter a pin code to arm and disarm your home from the keypad and while using Alexa Commands.

Most apps which are designed to be secure IE your banking requires log in and verification everytime you open the app. Your amazon acct regularly requests password login. You’re required to enable 2 factor authentication every time you access your ring account from a browser. The app SIMPLY grants full control of your families security unchecked. Which is flawed and overlooked, requiring a fix.

Would you be satisifed with a simple momentary switch at your front door which arms and disarms your security at the push of a button?

Or possibly we should allow the door bell to turn the alarm on and off when strangers ring the door bell and notify them via an Alexa routine “Welcome Stranger, come on in. I disarmed the alarm for you with the push of a button!” (This can also be achieved via routines if you actually wanted it).

It’s a community. If you don’t like that, no one is keeping you here. Do not tell anyone what they can or not say. Did I insult you? No. But you’re now acting like the child here. Try to be more mature…