Alarm Feature Request

Hi Neighbors
Would you like to see more sound options for door sensors? I would also like to see the sound activate when the door shuts as you know it only sounds when door is opened.

I have this working with SimpleCommands talking to Ring Alarm and using GE outlets.

When RIng Alarm goes into “alarm state”, SImpleComannds see it and turns on a bunch of GE outlets and GE lightswitches. That GE stuff is a device that Ring Alarm and see and control too, but it’s SimpleCommands that actually does the work.

@Hambo wrote:

A friend has a Yale alarm and it’s possible to control Hue lights with this, for example you can get them all to flash red if the alarm is triggered. I know Ring are bringing out their own lights but integrating with other smart home devices would be very useful - even if it’s only through the Alexa app.

An iphone widget would be good too.

My last setup had it as well.

And I agree on the z-Wave comments too.

@bryanatwood wrote:

This is about the app for Ring Alarm system. I’m liking it a lot so far, but I’m coming from an Alarm.com product and feel like the Ring app is missing a couple of nice features:

1. Android widget for quickly arming/disarming the system

From the home screen, I would like to one-tap set the alarm as I’m on the way out the door instead of loading the Ring app, waiting for the base station connect and tapping the button. Not critical, but a nice convenience. (In iOS, these would be available as notification center widgets.)

1. Toggle switches for Z-Wave devices on the dashboard

Right now, it’s difficult to turn on/off Z-Wave lights from the app. It’d be better if all light switches were accessible right from the dashboard in the Ring app (and possibly add widgets for them, as in the previous suggestion)

Thanks! --Bryan

It seems every company wants to brag about how long their battery will last between charges or too many customer complain that the battery charge doesn’t last long enough. I guess it has to do with the iPhone battery fiasco. We charge our phones everyday, so the keypad last a few months and so simple to lift it off the wall and bring it to a charger. As far a led light staying on, only in “home mode” is the led needed to be on because someone is there. Away mode no one is home, in Disarmed mode, no led means you’re in Disarm mode.

1 Like

Please add **Siri Shortcuts ** support to the iOS app so users can set the Ring Alarm mode to “Disarmed”, “Home”, or “Away” via a voice command. This doesn’t require full-blown HomeKit support so it’s just a matter of willingness on the part of Ring.

18 Likes

In order to active my wired roof sirens is there a wifi power plug available like the dome sirens that just activates when the ring alarm activates. This would turn on and power my wired roof sirens, in addition any other devices I would like to active if the alarm were activate.

1 Like

I was able to find this.
https://shop.ring.com/products/ge-outdoor-smart-switch-14284

There is also another way possibly with 3rd party apps like Simple Command. But you’d have to allow access to your account and find a manufacturer that works with it.
I use it to set my alarm to timers and such. Works great so far.
Hope this helps.

No. Ring doesn’t support this. I use a GE z-wave plug and the SimpleCommands app to do this. Works great!!

It would be nice if you could integrate Blink cameras with Ring Alarm System. I would like for my Blink cameras to automatically record if the ring alarm is sounding an alarm (similar to what the Ring cameras do). Amazon owns both companies so why not…

Many years ago the alarm industry tone down the volume of th red xx sirens, and yes it was due that some had there ears injuries. Not for intruders but for people living in the home on false alarms. For dogs it can drive them into the red zone.

Migrating from Spectrum Intelligent Home I’ve found several deficiencies/disappointments in the system.

1. Please add support/option for Ring App to include pin code for arming and disarming.

2. Please consider developing a Kiosk style app with sensors(current state indicators) and cameras. It would be nice to have an app to use a tablet as a control center/touch screen. The current app is too insecure with no pin code requirements.

3. Alexa/Echo integration for entry exit delays and alarm events on single device or group.

4. Motion notifications need to be able to choose multiple or single alexa devices as well as custom tones.

5. Customizable entry exit tones would be beneficial. The default tone to very low and disappointing. It would be nice to just alot more user defined tone/chirps. The available tones should be available for all devices.

6. Integrate the chirps/tones into the app when arming and disarming, entry exits, etc. Push notifications are nice. But I really dont need a text message/push not everytime I walk across the house, or go out to the garage.

7. All settings alert tones, motions, customizable for each armed/disarmed mode.

8)PLEASE Give me the option to link my cameras’ sirens to my Alarm system. I can’t believe they have sirens that don’t sound when the security system alarms.

Agreed, the keypad looks like a fisher price toy. I almost did not buy the Ring System because of how unprofessional its appearance is.

I built a custom touchscreen from an Amazon Fire Tablet using Action Tiles, Fully Kiosk, locked down the tablet, mounted to the wall and Pin coded the entire Ring App from opening. Not the best solution, so I agree a custom app for a tablet or mobile to act as touchscreen with pin coding would be great!

Or a higher quality touchscreen keypad option.

For number six and seven, most of these deactivation of chirps, tones, motion, camera recording are implemented. You must go each to device settings some are at the upper right corner. For internal motion/cameras I had to deactivate all motions and camera so it doesn’t record everything but with a setting, it will activate during an alarm. You can go to live view for the camera and it will activate while you’re viewing.

What doesn’t seem to be documented is the volume control on the base station. It seems to always tone on everything regardless of the device setting. You can mute the tones or lower it but the siren will be at full volume during an alarm.

There are no alarm systems that will dial the police directly, they all must go through a “central station” for screening. Police departments do not want to handle thousands of false alarms.

I am aware of all of the currently deployed settings and locations. I want more options. I want more control of what sounds my system can make and when. I want more control of devices. Like the ability if my back door opens when the system is armed home to record on my livingroom camera only. The setting are are too vague and generalized.

Apple Homekit support, please! That’s all.

1 Like

I know I can arm and un-arm by Ring Alarm with my phone however, can I set the alarm to arm and disarm at a certain time everyday? Also can I clear alerts, they are starting to pile up.

You can’t setup a schedule with the Ring app. I use a 3rd party app called Simple Commands that allows this and more.

Thanks

If I mount the keypad on the wall and have it plugged in as I do, The battery light should be able to be disabled so that I don’t have an annoying green light on all the time.

Thanks,

WeirDave

1 Like