cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm Feature Request

Community Manager

Re: Security Cams Feature Request (notification sounds)

Hey @YK2000 , I've moved your request over to this board as it is Alarm related. This feature is in high demand! We will definitely share with the team to reinforce the value of this request. Thank you!

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
New Neighbor

Feature request: exit without having to disarm and rearm

Hi there, when we are home we usually keep the ring security system in Home mode. If I want to leave the house while the rest of my family is still at home I need to disarm and then re-arm the system in home mode.

Feature request: While the system is armed in home mode if I the keypad I enter my passcode and then hit the arm home button that would give me 30 seconds to leave and then automatically rearm the system in home mode.
New Neighbor

Alarm New Features

I like to see a few additions and changes to make the ring alarm better and more comparable to outher comercial systems.

1. option for alarm system to have voice notifications like; "front door open" and "front door closed". 
  2. Inrease the number of sounds for when you like to have sound and not voice. The current selection of 4 sounds is very limited.
  3. Include MQTT (mosquitto) so that the alarm system has the capability to play nice with home automation systems. MQTT will allow the system to share sensor/system state with home automation systems, and if implemented propperly also allow home automation systems to arm/disarm. MQTT is very universal and almost every commercial and freeware project supports this.
  4. Create a multi sensor input module to allow connection of hard wired sensors in a house. This will make it easier for people to switch from their existing hard wired system to the ring alarm
Community Manager

Re: Alarm New Features

Thanks for these suggestions @guijtjes! I went ahead and moved the post to the Alarm  Feature Request board for better tracking. Thanks! 

New Neighbor II

Re: Feature request: exit without having to disarm and rearm

@Gsxr wrote:
Hi there, when we are home we usually keep the ring security system in Home mode. If I want to leave the house while the rest of my family is still at home I need to disarm and then re-arm the system in home mode.

Feature request: While the system is armed in home mode if I the keypad I enter my passcode and then hit the arm home button that would give me 30 seconds to leave and then automatically rearm the system in home mode.

This! But silently (or at least an option to silently arm) so i dont wake everyone when leaving

New Neighbor

Re: Alarm Feature Request

Just installed Ring Security System this week and am really impressed so far. 

I do do have a couple of features that I think would be a great improvement.

1. an option to silently arm the system (no loud countdown). 

2. The green battery light on the keypad in my bedroom is way too bright for a darkened room.

Thanks!

Debbie

Community Manager

Re: Feature request: exit without having to disarm and rearm

Thank you for sharing! I've moved this over to the feature request thread to ensure it makes it to our engineer team. We love hearing everyones wishes, and sharing them with the team, keep 'em coming!

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
New Neighbor

Any way to keep the Red circle lit when it is armed. Just looks intimidating through the front room window and I feel it could be a great deterrent.

New Neighbor

Please give us the option change to arming sound. It’s important to have one as an audio reference however, It sounds like a bad 80’s horror movie.

Additionally, an extra customizable mode would be great. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Please work on integrating playing sounds between products.

1. We need something other than the base station that will play door open sounds. (Keypad, Chime, Dome Siren)

2.  It would be nice to use existing products instead of a Chime for doorbell sounds (Keypad, Base Station, Dome Siren)