Alarm Feature Request

Hello,

I would like to be able to set different sounds for notifications sent to my iPhone from the Alarm app. As of now, when the alarm is set or disabled the sound is the same generic sound of other notifications for 3rd party apps.

The “Neighbors” settings has options to do this but not the Alarm settings.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Hey @YK2000 , I’ve moved your request over to this board as it is Alarm related. This feature is in high demand! We will definitely share with the team to reinforce the value of this request. Thank you!

Hi there, when we are home we usually keep the ring security system in Home mode. If I want to leave the house while the rest of my family is still at home I need to disarm and then re-arm the system in home mode.

Feature request: While the system is armed in home mode if I the keypad I enter my passcode and then hit the arm home button that would give me 30 seconds to leave and then automatically rearm the system in home mode.

9 Likes

I like to see a few additions and changes to make the ring alarm better and more comparable to outher comercial systems.

1. option for alarm system to have voice notifications like; “front door open” and “front door closed”.
  2. Inrease the number of sounds for when you like to have sound and not voice. The current selection of 4 sounds is very limited.
  3. Include MQTT (mosquitto) so that the alarm system has the capability to play nice with home automation systems. MQTT will allow the system to share sensor/system state with home automation systems, and if implemented propperly also allow home automation systems to arm/disarm. MQTT is very universal and almost every commercial and freeware project supports this.
  4. Create a multi sensor input module to allow connection of hard wired sensors in a house. This will make it easier for people to switch from their existing hard wired system to the ring alarm
10 Likes

Thanks for these suggestions @guijtjes! I went ahead and moved the post to the Alarm Feature Request board for better tracking. Thanks!

@Gsxr wrote:
Hi there, when we are home we usually keep the ring security system in Home mode. If I want to leave the house while the rest of my family is still at home I need to disarm and then re-arm the system in home mode.

Feature request: While the system is armed in home mode if I the keypad I enter my passcode and then hit the arm home button that would give me 30 seconds to leave and then automatically rearm the system in home mode.

This! But silently (or at least an option to silently arm) so i dont wake everyone when leaving

5 Likes

Just installed Ring Security System this week and am really impressed so far.

I do do have a couple of features that I think would be a great improvement.

1. an option to silently arm the system (no loud countdown).

2. The green battery light on the keypad in my bedroom is way too bright for a darkened room.

Thanks!

Debbie

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing! I’ve moved this over to the feature request thread to ensure it makes it to our engineer team. We love hearing everyones wishes, and sharing them with the team, keep 'em coming!

1 Like

Any way to keep the Red circle lit when it is armed. Just looks intimidating through the front room window and I feel it could be a great deterrent.

6 Likes

Please give us the option change to arming sound. It’s important to have one as an audio reference however, It sounds like a bad 80’s horror movie.

Additionally, an extra customizable mode would be great.

5 Likes

Please work on integrating playing sounds between products.

1. We need something other than the base station that will play door open sounds. (Keypad, Chime, Dome Siren)

2. It would be nice to use existing products instead of a Chime for doorbell sounds (Keypad, Base Station, Dome Siren)

12 Likes

Hey,

As many mentioned… Night mode or an additional mode would be huge.

6 Likes

This is about the app for Ring Alarm system. I’m liking it a lot so far, but I’m coming from an Alarm.com product and feel like the Ring app is missing a couple of nice features:

1. Android widget for quickly arming/disarming the system

From the home screen, I would like to one-tap set the alarm as I’m on the way out the door instead of loading the Ring app, waiting for the base station connect and tapping the button. Not critical, but a nice convenience. (In iOS, these would be available as notification center widgets.)

1. Toggle switches for Z-Wave devices on the dashboard

Right now, it’s difficult to turn on/off Z-Wave lights from the app. It’d be better if all light switches were accessible right from the dashboard in the Ring app (and possibly add widgets for them, as in the previous suggestion)

Thanks! --Bryan

5 Likes

@EsEsEs wrote:
Hey,

As many mentioned… Night mode or an additional mode would be huge.

Night mode would be amazing to eliminate the entry delay. I dont want to wait 60 seconds from the time a burglar is through my window before the siren goes off. When im sleeping, if a door or window is opened i want sirens

5 Likes

Request: Send email/notification if system not armed by a certain time

We just switched to the Ring alarm system. Our old system (alarm.com) has a feature that it will send us an email if the system isn’t armed by a certain time. We set the alarm at night before we go to bed, but sometimes forget. An automated reminder would be very helpful.

I tried doing this with an Alexa routine, but it doesn’t seem like there is a way to access the Ring armed status.

5 Likes

Integration with Nest thermostat. The ability to set nest to away when armed away and home when disarmed or armed stay.

4 Likes

Awesome Ideas @bryanatwood ! I’ve moved them over to our feature request thread so they can be compiled with everyone’s amazing requests :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Did you do any research before buying your Ring system? Sounds like you bought the car before the test drive and are now complaining about the horsepower.

@swagnations wrote:
Did you do any research before buying your Ring system? Sounds like you bought the car before the test drive and are now complaining about the horsepower.

This is a feature request thread. That’s the whole point—requesting features the Alarm doesn’t currently have.

You didn’t specify who you were replying to (luckily) and there are quite a few different people who posted in this thread, but your comment borders on being inappropriate, regardless of who it was directed at. I’d encourage you to maybe reconsider how you behave in public forums, as not everyone can do everything to your liking. Active participation is welcome, but coming to just insult random community members requesting Alarm features is unnecessary and not productive.

I don’t work for Ring, so these views are my own.

6 Likes

Also Have the ability to turn the camera Motion off when the system is disarmed
Basically when the system is armed the camera would alert when the system is just armed the camera would not alert

7 Likes