Alarm Feature Request

I realize that Ring is about simplicity but the volume settings are oversimplified being all or nothing and this can create false alarms. We need independent volume control of the entry/exit delay sounds vs. the other keypad clicks, mode change announcements and sensor protest announcements to reduce false alarms.

If we could set the entry/exit delay tones independently, we could set them to be louder but leave the rest of the sounds either muted or low, this would reduce the chance of false alarms, especially for guest users or others who do not have app access or their phone handy. This is especially important because the entry/exit tones are already less harsh than many other alarm systems so they are harder to hear as it is.

In my home, I leave in the early morning hours so having the mode status announcement low or off is ideal for those who are still asleep but when my kids come home later in the day and they can’t hear the entry delay tones, they don’t know to disarm the alarm until it’s too late. Please address this oversimplified shortcoming!

The setting could still be pretty simple and look like this:
Entry/Exit Tones:
|------------------------------±–|
Mode Status Announcements & all other sounds:
|–±------------------------------|

In order to roll this out without affecting user’s current volume setting, I would also suggest a default checkbox that enables or disables the “master slider” concept as it is today. With this checked, sounds would work as they do today, everything controlled by a single “master” slider. With the box unchecked, it would expose the indpendent sliders for entry/exit and mode status as separate sliders.

Adjust all sounds together (Master slider)
|----------------------------±—|

1 Like