I have aquired indoor cams for my Ring System which includes a full perimeter and 6 motion detectors. I seldom use the indoor cams because I don't want the recording when we are home. I would like them to arm when armed and away is selected on the base station. I would also like the exterior cameras to turn on when the alarm is triggered, or at least selected ones. As it is, I only use the indoor cams in live mode.
Water damage to homes due to burst water heaters, pipes or overflows is the leading cause of property damage to homes. Easily exceeding fire, vandalism and burglary. The Ring system could be expanded to lessen or eliminate it. By adding an water shutoff valve that would either work indoors and outdoors. Or for that matter, separate types of valves. And, make them work with the water/ temperature sensors to shut off the water when triggered. This would greatly limit the insuing damage. Also, enable the water to be shut off from the App.
I think that you could improve the Retrofit Alarm Kit. Currently it is just an adapter for wired contact sensors. It is to expensive and doesn't have enough features to be considered a true retrofit kit. It is more of a wired contact sensor adapter kit.
It could be improved by adding the following features:
1) An option to power motion and glass break sensors.
2) Adding power (or at least a contact that could be used with external power) to drive existing external sireins.
3) Utilizing an external transformer for power with a larger internal backup battery. More like a wired alarm system.
4) Add power for Ring keypads so they could be one-for-one replacements for existing alarm keypads.
3. A smoke alarm that integrated with Ring and that can be hard wired into the homes AC. The listeners just don’t cut it for me, seems like a workaround. If you can to a First Alert Z-Wave Smoke alarm that is battery powered then why can’t you offer a hard wired option.
I agree that this needs to be an option. There are some areas where hardwired smoke/CO detectors are required by building code.
on my old simplisafe system, I was able to mute or silence the alarm as an option. I would like to able to do this on my Ring system. We don't want a loud siren going off even if something is triggered. Please consider this as an option.