Alarm Feature Request

(Some of these have already been mentioned)

• A mode which would arm the system without the base station yelling out “SYSTEM ARMED!” when everyone is asleep

• Additional audio feedback at the keypads

• On the keypads, print the words ‘Stay’, ‘Away’, and ‘Off’. The icons for Stay and Away aren’t really that clear when you’re trying to rush out the door.

• Add a configurable option to arm the system without first entering the code.

• Add c0lored covers for the entry sensors - Even a fake woodgrain would look better on my doors and woodwork than white, especially since the sensors are so large. And my window frames are br0wn - a br0wn cover for the sensors would be nice.

• I realize that Amazon owns Ring, but it would be nice if Ring would also embrace Google Home - there’s hardly any mention of it on the website. I’ve already invested in Google Home and don’t want to wholesale change over to Alexa (although it would be nice to be able to say “Computer!” rather than the clunky “OK Google”…)

• You list 4 certified smart locks, but there isn’t really anything that compares them with respect to the Ring system. A matrix would be nice.

• For the keypads, an option for in-wall wiring would be nice. I replaced my old alarm keypads and used the existing wiring (spliced in a micro-usb connector at the wall, and spliced in a USB power cable in the closet). However, it was very tight, and required me to cut out part of the base plate to run the wiring back into the wall at the keypad.

• In addition to my Ring doorbell, I have 8 security cameras (non-Ring) around my house. I can’t afford to replace all of those with Ring cameras, but maybe if you did a promotion…(trade in your old security camera and get x% off the cost of a Ring camera)

• You need to make Home Depot/Lowes aware that the Ring Doorbell Pro will probably require the user to install a new transformer. Or you could just sell a high power Ring-branded doorbell transformer. I had to replace my transformer, but HD/Lowes didn’t carry anything high power enough, and their sales associates were clueless as to why I would need one.

• Finally, please continue the reasonable pricing (i.e. $0.00) for access to the Ring system through the phone. I actually bought a system from one of your competitors and returned it after I realized that they charge $24.99/month to access the system through my phone; this price included professional monitoring, but I didn’t want that - only to arm/disarm/see system status on my phone. It was ‘simpli’ too much, so I returned the system and bought Ring. Additionally, your $10/month charge for monitoring/camera footage retrieval is also reasonable, so I’ll probably sign up for that.

Ummmm…two more words for you to remove from you word censor: c0lored and br0wn

7 Likes