Alarm Feature Request

In the app, once you’ve added the ring connection, you create a routine.
The screenshot shows how simple it can be and it works!

How to you access Routines in the app?

Ring doesn’t have routines, the routines I was describing are in the simplecommands app, as was the screenshot for routine creation.
From the simplecommands toolbar at the bottom there is a routines button.

Would love to see the chirps that the contact sensors make have a little more sound options. I was trying to get in the christmas spirit and make them jingle when a door was opened (a sound you have for the doorbell) but it’s not there to choose

Since you and amazon are partners, and amazon is working with MyQ, I would love to see some integration with them if their sensor reads that the door was opened and your house is set to away mode, it would trip the alarm. Maybe have integration that says whether or not your app controller the open or not?

2 Likes

Would like to see Floodlights and Spotlights act like siren box when alarm is triggered.

2 Likes

Would love to see a quick exit feature added to the app/kepad. Would also love to see a touchscreen keypad that can show system sensor status with the option to add a layout of your house with the sensors showing at their real world locations.

Feature to disarm my system when I unlock my front door with amazon key system

I use a third party app called simple commands. When I unlock my door it turns off my alarm.

I know HomeKit will happen when hell freezes over, but can we at lesat have Siri shortcuts or even 3DTouch controls to turn on/off the alarm

I would like to be able to test a remote sensor, like a freeze sensor connecting through a Range Extender, without having to test it by physically opening it. My water heater is at the far corner of my basement with limited access.

I’d like to use the contact sensors and motion detectors from the alarm system to trigger video recording, or have them available in IFTTT to trigger other actions. I’d also like to enable my own sounds for various sensors.

2 Likes

I have replaced my security system with Ring but feel I need glass break monitoring at night when in armed Home mode. Please make this an option for Alexa Guard.

1 Like

leidenbells… if you link your cameras to your alarm they will turn on when alarm is triggered.

I would love for the app to show a screencapture/still of whatever set off the motion detector, because the live-view takes too long to load. I have a driveway spotlight camera, and get notifications all day long, but usually from stray cats walking by. The app takes too long to load the live-view, so by the time I can see it, the cat has moved on and not visible. So I have wait for the video to process to confirm what caused the notification. I’ve started a work-around, which is, instead of clicking on the notification, I go into the ring app to see the last screen shot on my dashboard. That way I can see very quickly what triggered the notification without waiting minutes for the video. It would be wonderful if the notification itself showed a screengrab like this, or that it gave the option to click through to see a screengrab, to avoid the slow process of waiting for the video to process in scenarios where the action is gone by the time it processes and to save having to do the workaround which is a few steps more for my fingers! Thanks!

1 Like

I do have the cameras set to record when there is an alarm… I’d like to set them to record when there is movement at a sensor - when the alarm is not set.

Would RING consider adding more tones to the Home Security Alarm? It would be nice to be able to choose different tones. I am looking for a more agressive sounding tone when a sensor is tripped or door is opened when the alarm is armed. Currently the sound doesn’t give a sense of urgency or aggresiveness to ward off a burglar until the siren goes off.

if I were to set a time to arm in Home mode based on time … will it override if already armed?

For example if I am away and armed in home mode will Alexa change to home mode based on time? (I hope not)

To answer your message about status the key pads always show the status via the lights, red for armed wither away or home and blue for disarmed. I’ve had the system for about a year now and have always had status that was easily visible at all times. Now I have my keypad plugged in at all times so the lights are always on, if on battery it will only show lights when the keypad detects motion as to save the battery. Now as far as sounds this is something that was just activated recently. If you have your email set up you should have gotten the notifications every time they activate features. The key pads now make the sounds when doors are opened and or closed based on settings. Also if you have amazon echo devices you can actually create routines where the echoes of your choice will say what doors/windows are opened and closed. Which is nice. I’ve attached photos of my keypad showing the easily visible status lights

4C1934DB-B076-40F8-B5CD-7A37F8DFA1FE.jpeg

02D98FC8-E97F-4036-9A16-79B4BDCA332C.jpeg

Have the flood light cam and spot light cam and just installed the ring alarm yesterday.

I see I have linked lights and recording if the alarm is triggered whilst set but we need the alarms to be triggered too as the internal alarm isn’t that loud and no one would hear it externally certainly where I live (in a semi too).

I note ring are now selling (in the US) additional domes which are like a mini smoke alarm to amplify the alarm sound but when will these be available in the UK and critically will they be weather proof as they’ll need to go outside the property to do the external job that the current lack of alarm synchronisation with my cameras cannot do.

Surely and easy and obvious fix but that might undermine the dome product launch and associated additional revenues…

1 Like