Alarm Feature Request

Honestly, I have had a challenging time with simple commands and asked them to delete my account and then deleted the app. Its not very intuitive.

Haha, agreed. I was able to stumble through setting up the routines and it works well for my purpose. Turning lights on/off at sunset/sunrise and sending text messages when my garage door is opened.

Do you think they actually read our suggestions?

Yes. See posts by marley_ring, jennifer_ring, et al.

@jPojo

I’m thinking we should start a new thread under the “integrations” section of Ring Alarm:

SimpleCommands - Filling the gap

And then we can list all the things that can be done with SimpleCommands (SC) that you can’t do with Ring Alarm (RA) on its own.

Maybe post some pics/setup instructions too ?

You’ve convinced me that SC can solve my feature gap issues with RA, so I’m buying a Ring Alarm to replace my older setup.

I really need advanced Z-Wave functions, such a manual HEAL or the ability to schedule one automatically. In large houses with many nodes it is essential.

1 Like

you can adjust the keypad setting to achieve the same results as ADT. It will chime for all events

Ring alarm, Is it possible to have different tones for different doors?

1 Like

Yes. There are different tones to select for each sensor if you want. In my opinion there aren’t enough of them to pick from. Go to devices> alarm base station > pick the sensor > chirp tone.

1 Like

Hey there, neighbors! I want to thank you again for continuing on these discussions about all the new features. Rest assured we are reviewing this thread weekly, and passing on all ideas over to the appropriate teams to further review. Thank you all again for being apart of the Ring family and Community! :smiley_cat:

I agree with this. You open the door and you have to stop and wait to see if the alarm is in entry delay or not. The entry delay needs to be WAY more prominent. I have set off the alarm twice because I didn’t hear it. I had to turn the volume all the way up on the keypad and now everything else on the keypad is super annoyingly loud and you can still barely hear the entry delay.

Hi,
Is it possible to look into setting time’s for the alarm to automatically change mode?
For example:
set it to turn from HOME mode to DISARMED at 7.15am each morning when I get up for work
or
set it from DISARMED to HOME at 11pm each night before bed?
Thanks!

1 Like

I know it’s not ideal, but you can use simplecommands (an app you can download for android/iOS) and this can very easily set the ring alarm to arm and disarm on a schedule.

Wow - thanks for that - never heard of that app but I will give it a look and try it out.
Much appreciated!!

In the app, once you’ve added the ring connection, you create a routine.
The screenshot shows how simple it can be and it works!

How to you access Routines in the app?

Ring doesn’t have routines, the routines I was describing are in the simplecommands app, as was the screenshot for routine creation.
From the simplecommands toolbar at the bottom there is a routines button.

Would love to see the chirps that the contact sensors make have a little more sound options. I was trying to get in the christmas spirit and make them jingle when a door was opened (a sound you have for the doorbell) but it’s not there to choose

Since you and amazon are partners, and amazon is working with MyQ, I would love to see some integration with them if their sensor reads that the door was opened and your house is set to away mode, it would trip the alarm. Maybe have integration that says whether or not your app controller the open or not?

2 Likes

Would like to see Floodlights and Spotlights act like siren box when alarm is triggered.

2 Likes