Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm Devices Battery Life

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Alarm Devices Battery Life

I've had the Ring alarm system for just over a year and all alarm devices (door contacts, motion sensors, smoke detectors) show fully charged battery...no battery usage at all. Is that even possible or does the battery indicator even work?

4 REPLIES 4
New Neighbor II

Re: Alarm Devices Battery Life

What about the Keypad? That will be a sure sign that something isn't working properly as the battery in mine only lasts a few weeks. 

New Neighbor

My keypad is always plugged into an outlet so it's never on battery power alone.

Community Manager

Great question @mikebtp! The battery used in the Alarm Contact Sensors and Motion Detectors are a CR123A battery. These have a life expectancy of up to 3 years. The nature of the Alarm system is to use the Base Station as the hub for communicating to the rest of your Alarm devices through Zwave, which often requires less battery usage for the sensors. Check out our help center article on Zwave to learn more.

In regards to the Keypad, this uses a different rechargeable battery, in which plugging in for power will of course help with charge duration. I hope this helps! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
New Neighbor

Great. Thanks for the info.