Adding or changing Range Extender - Will sensors adjust or need setting up again?

I have a faulty Ring gen 2 Range Extender. It worked long enough for me to add devices. I am getting a replacement do, will sensors automatically adjust to the new or closer range extenders.

This leads to another quesiton, if I move range extenders arouns, do I have to setup sensors again?

Thank you in advance.

Hi @Brumey. That’s a great question! You would not need to set any of your sensors back up again when adding or changing Range Extenders. Your sensors will automatically connect to the Range Extender or Base Station directly depending on what provides the best connection. If you run into any concerns upon setting up your new Range Extender, feel free to touch base with our support team at one of the numbers available here. They’d be happy to take a look if any issues arise. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Thank you. I read in the community that you had to reconnect sensors because it was not automatic.