ADT Equipment Compatibility

We recently purhcased a home and the previous homeowners were fully equipped with ADT throughout the house. I hate to have to get rid of it all but I’m also not going to pay the ridiculous monthly fee for ADT. Will any of it work with Ring if I were to only purchase the base station and keypad?

We’re glad you asked @BgoldCPA ! To answer this best we would want to know if the ADT system there is a wired setup? If so, our upcoming Retrofit Alarm Kit would certainly make that a reality! Check out the Retrofit Alarm Kit on our announcements page.

Additionally, our Alarm system is only sold together as a kit which will include an Alarm Base Station and Keypad. The Retrofit Kit would then be purchased separately upon release. Hope this helps!

The ADT base station is hardwired. All of the ADT sensors are wireless. So If I were to replace the ADT base station and keypad with the Ring base station and keypad it won’t be able to pickup the sigtnals and connect to the ADT sensors?

That is correct @BgoldCPA . Even with the Alarm Retrofit Kit, it would still require those sensors to be hardwired in order for it to operate with our Alarm system. We do offer larger Alarm Kits, which often go on promotion, if you are needing to replace many sensors. Check out our Alarm bundles here .

@bgoldCPA - what did you end up doing?

@Marley_Ring wrote:

That is correct @BgoldCPA . Even with the Alarm Retrofit Kit, it would still require those sensors to be hardwired in order for it to operate with our Alarm system. We do offer larger Alarm Kits, which often go on promotion, if you are needing to replace many sensors. Check out our Alarm bundles here .