2nd Gen alarm - UK release + accessories (keypad)

First, does anyone know when the 2nd Gen alarm is released in the UK?

Also, same about the accessories such as the panic button and extra siren.

I see that the ring US store is selling off 1st Gen keypads for $37.50 (around £29.39). Even with our higher taxes the UK one is way more expensive at £59. Wonder if the 1st Gen will be discounted here soon…?

Hey @Brightonmike. I’ve just checked with my teams, and we do not have an ETA at this time of when we will have the Ring Alarm 2nd Gen to be available in the UK. The first generation of the alarm’s keypad did not include the distress buttons, which may also be why we do not have an ETA for the UK’s second gen, as professional monitoring in a US only thing, as the UK as assisted monitoring and the buttons would need to be different. I will make sure to pass on your feedback to the appropriate team, but I do not anticipate discounts the UK Alarm devices as well since there is no ETA of a 2nd gen coming to the UK yet.

Thanks for the update.

Two quick points.

First, any news on the other accessories that have already been out for ages in the US?

Secondly, I appreciate the keypad might not be discounted in a sense that it is being sold off in advance of the 2nd Gen keypad coming to the UK, however The price disparity between US and UK stores huge and clearly not just related to local currencies and taxes. Please feed this back.

Thanks.

@Brightonmike No worries, I definitely thought of the latter as well for you and passed on this feedback! I was told that some improvements were made on the UK Keypads that actually do have similar components that the 2nd Gen Keypads have. The feedback has been heard for you though, so I appreciate that.

When it comes to more accessories and such, I also brought this up, and there was no ETA for those as well. This may be due to the frequencies in Z-Wave for the US devices being different than the UK devices, and a majority of our extra accessories are 3rd party devices. I’ll make sure to let my teams know you have a desire for them as well though! :slight_smile:

Hi, is there any further update as to when the 2nd generation ring alarm will be available in the UK?

Hi
Do you know anyone when will be start sale 2 gen alarm
1gen is offer up to 2 august
So this is mean
After that will you start sale 2 gen?

Hey neighbors! We don’t currently have any news or information to share on when the Ring Alarm 2nd Generation will be available in the UK. I’d suggest keeping an eye out on our News and Announcement board, as we’ll be sure to post about any new product releases or updates there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does this mean you have no plans to release it, or you have plans but you aren’t ready to share them with us yet?

You can’t mixed the ring alarm base from us and uk accessories?

Hi, it’s been a few months since the last update so checking in to see if there is any news on availability of Ring Alarm Gen 2 alarm in the UK?

Hey neighbors! I don’t have any news to share on the Ring Alarm 2nd Gen for the UK. I’d recommend keeping an eye on our UK News and Announcements board, as we’ll post any information on updates and new product releases there. :slight_smile:

Is there any way for us outside the US to get smoke detectors for the alarm? This is the only thing that’s holding me back from buying the system right now ?

Hi @Mr_Arrow. There are currently no smoke alarms that are available for the UK market. As mentioned earlier, if this does become available, we’ll post it in the UK News and Announcements board. :smiley:

@Ring - I am probably one of many users that are waiting for 2nd gen alarm system in the UK. I am waiting to spend thousands with you and an update would be amazing :slight_smile:

I will wait for the next gen now rather than buying the current and i am assuming most people are in the same boat as me. Pretty please a cool update for us :smiley:

P.S. - During lockdown i’ve seen a massive increase in posts onto nextdoor website. There is definitely more room in the UK for cooperative neighbours to share footage on external cameras, especially for amazon related parcel thefts.

Thanks,
@TheDon81

Any update on the GEN 2 ring equipment?? It’s been an awfully long time waiting for it to come from the States.

I am another potential customer waiting for the GEN 2 ring alarm to come to the UK. Can you provide any details please.

Earth calling Ring - When is the Gen 2 equipment arriving in the UK?

Hi neighbors! Thanks for sharing your feedback. As mentioned, we do not have any update or exact timeline as to when the Ring Alarm 2nd Gen will be released in the UK. You can expect any product releases or updates to be posted on the Ring Updates board here. At this time, we have no additional information to share. :slight_smile:

+1 for 2nd gen and accessories. I am holding off buying everything until that arrives.

Question for Ring or @Caitlyn_Ring - will the 2nd gen accessories like the panic alarm and additional sirens or keypads work with the 1st gen kit? So if I buy 1st gen now, can I bolt on those accessories later?

Thanks.

OMG RING GEN 2 ALARM PAGES HAVE GONE LIVE FOR UK RELEASE

2 Likes