Try the New Rapid Ring App Today

Great idea – glad you’re looking for solutions to answer the door more quickly!

However, on my Andriod, Rapid Ring 1.0.17 installed just now, the main app page says “Alerts Disabled” under the entry for the Doorbell (Pro).

In the settings page, the circle around the bell icon is blue, indicating that’s on.

When I press the white running man icon to turn on the Motion alerts, there is the big green check mark “Saved” dialog, the icon goes blue for a second, and there is a banner saying “Motion Alerts have been enabled”… but then it reverts to the white (disabled) state.

Back to the main screen, and it says “Alerts Disabled”.

The cause was that Motion Alerts were disabled in the larger Ring app, also installed on the phone. The settings are inter-related, but cause confusion since Rapid Ring doesn’t seem to be able to make the change stick…

It’s a great addition to the main app, but didn’t realise it takes over alerting. Hopefully it is developed further to include announcements and the preview tiles. Or alternately, the ‘rapid’ feature can be integrated into the main app.

2 Likes

I installed the Rapid Ring App for the first time last night and I have to say it is a big improvement on the main app with regard to speed of opening alerts.

I have tried it on my home wifi and also on ‘3G / 4G’ and speeds are quite similar.

I had a little issue changing the notification tone back to my preferred tone from the default tone, but Google helped me with that, and that is done in Android itself not inside the app.

I also like it as i can now install this app on my wifes phone, gives her the ability to see the cameras with a very simple app which is not over complicated with functions she doesnt need.

A good addition I would say.

1 Like

Are you guys going to get this Rapid Ring app into the Amazon Kindle store or on the Echo Show? Seems crazy since Ring is owned by Amazon. This app is SOOO much faster on my iphone and I’m sure it would be a great success on kindles or Echo Shows

I’m living in the Netherlands and I want to use de rapid ring app also. It is not in the Applestore overhere. Can you tell me when it’s coming to the dutch Applestore?

Agree!! Please make this available for everyone since the original app is not working anymore on my older ipad. Rapid Ring might! Also Netherlands…

Dear all,
I have an old tablet Asus Zenpad S 8.0. It runs Android 6. The classic Ring app runs perfectly but the Rapid Ring app does not show live view. It just stops at ‘activating device’ screen for a couple of sec then showing ‘live view ended’. Could someone help? Thank you.

Hey @chuoitieu! This should definitely not be happening, as the Rapid Ring app is designed to be most efficient with quick live access to your devices. I recommend removing the Rapid Ring app and reinstalling it. Please ensure to accept all permissions as prompted by your mobile device.

If this concern persists, try checking for any mobile device factors such as bluetooth, VPNs, security apps, or other streaming apps. Sometimes, certain connections or 3rd party apps running in the background can conflict with other applications on your mobile device. Let me know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Thank you @Marley_Ring. I actually factory-reset the table and install Rapid Ring from Playstore but still doesn’t work. Is Android 6 an issue? I know some apps stop support Android version lower than 7.

Thank you. TD

1 Like

Good question @chuoitieu. Our apps should certainly work with your Android version, although an older operating version may have a varied experience with performance depending on mobile device features, make, and model. When viewing the Ring or Rapid Ring app in the Android playstore, there will be an “additional app information” section on the page which will show more compatibility details.

As Android features such a wide variety of available apps and widgets, if the Ring apps are still not operating as expected, check out our help center article on conflicting Android apps.

So this has been out for several months now, and yet there is still no option to use the actual Ring notifications (or vibration alert pattern) that the normal Ring app uses, and instead it still uses the text notification sound, which is if no use whatsoever. The ability to use the Ring alerts was submitted as a feature request ages ago and there’s still no sign of it coming?

That’s pretty annoying.

2 Likes

This. This is one of the things keeping this app from being perfect.

The other is, if I click my notification for motion or someone ringing the bell jump right to the video, don’t make me hit “go live”

Installed Rapid Ring on my Galaxy S7 but no longer get notifications on either App

Ring Doorbell Pro

Added Rapid Ring (1.8.0) but Motion detection and alerts no longer work in either application

• Rapid Ring Live View and doorbell chimes work as well as the voice interface
  • Rebooted Galaxy S7 but made no difference
  • Galaxy S7 App settings allow notifications for the two apps

Ring Application (3.24.0)

• Modes Off (only 1 doorbell); I did try the Away feature but not required
  • Ring Alerts On
  • Record Motion On
  • Motion Alerts On
    • Turning some or all off does not help
  • Device Health is Good
  • Live View Works
  • Zone is set properly

Rapid Ring: Front Door is Online

• All Alerts are On
  • The interface works but no alerts

Is this a possible conflict with the new Modes feature on the main app which I do not use?

Ignore previous post as Rapid Ring is now working. Verizon pushed a software update recently and the application started functioning properly. Possible something was damaged in my phone and the update accidently fixed it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update, @Somewhere_in_Massach ! Glad you’re back up and running :slight_smile:

Hi,

I just found this app today but the Modes are not working properly. Any chance this will get addressed? I have certain cams off while we are at home to block viewing. They seem to all work when truning on Motion Alerts in the Rapid Ring app. It does not seem to matter what setting is in the orginal app and it appears the Rapid Ring app overrides the setting disctated on the main app. Can someone look into that since it is now rollled out to all users regular less if they can set Modes on and off?

Hi @Dww! The Modes feature is rolling out to all users as we speak. If you do not have it available, it should be soon. We appreciate your patience while we get this feature to all neighbors. In the meantime, there are various settings in your app that can control all of your devices, such as motion snooze.

In regards to the Rapid Ring app, this app is intended to get you the quickest connection to live view. There are no settings other than notifications for the Rapid Ring app, in which notifications priority will be based on which app (Rapid or Ring app) you’ve toggled the alerts on in. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thank you. I really like the modes. They are a nice touch so if you have multiple users on the app they do not have access to certain cams when you are home.

Hey neighbors. As of December 1st, 2022, anyone that actively used the Rapid Ring app was logged out and will no longer be able to use the Rapid Ring app moving forward. Since the Rapid Ring app was introduced, several performance enhancements have been made to the Ring app so that the Rapid Ring app is no longer needed.

A new Live View widget is also rolling out for the Ring app on iOS and Android. This widget allows you to quickly and easily access the Live View on your Ring Doorbell or Camera. To learn more about this feature and how to set it up, check out this Community post in the Ring Updates board. :slight_smile:

2 Likes