Ring’s Services Have Not Been Compromised

My video doorbell has ben hacked. Porch thieves were able to hack into the doorbell and erase the video of them stealing the package. They didn’t delete the video, which i am sure that they would have prefered to do. They just somehow blanked it out so i have 30 seconds of a black screen and no sound. A motion activated video shows the fedex package being delivered 10 minutes before the blacked out video(1:37 pm). At 1:47, 10 minutes after the package was delivered, I have the 30 sec blacked out video. The next motion activated video was at 2:16 pm about 30 minutes after the blacked out video, and it shows me getting the mail, and there is no package on the porch. Somehow they were able to hack the system and get far enough into the system to black out the video. The only blacked out video I have ever had with Ring in the 12 months that I have had it, is this one occurance, exactly when the package was being stolen.

My WiFi has a complex password and wpa2 authentication with a full firewall, so there is not much more I can do from this end.

I called customer service. They looked into it and verified what I described above, then after about 20 minutes on hold, they came back and said that what they were seeing was impossible so they blew me off.

At this point, I can’t trust Ring for anything dealing with security.