Ring Tracking confirmed covid 19 cases

Kron4 news just shared a city map offered by ring that allows users to track confirmed covid cases. I was unable to capture the steps. Any one know how to access it? It’s a very extended map, no addresses etc just city view.

4 Likes

Wow, this app is horrible! I signed up and have been attempting to search for your posed question to no avail. No search results, no options for COVID-19. It was just on Channel 8 San Diego and cant find it! Irritated

4 Likes

I saw the same report on Inside Edition April 1. But, my Ring app provides no data whatsoever on COVID 19 cases.

2 Likes

Have you been able to find this yet? I have been searching too!! SO frustrating…

2 Likes

Have you been able to find this yet? I’ve been searching and can’t find it either…SO frustrating!!

2 Likes

Saw the same broadcast here in NC and also unable to find any details. Hope the Ring crew is monitoring these discussions and chimes in.

2 Likes

Watching the ABC national news broadcast last night, they showed the Ring app providing active COVID 19 cases on the map in the area based on the user’s location. How do I access this ”Safety” feature?

Others from the Community have posted (under Label: Support Business during…) similar questions/replies, with locals from different US states, mentioning their local news broadcasts too.

Ring Admin, will you please respond our Community?

1 Like

I also saw the infomation on Inside Edtion on April 1, 2020.

1 Like

Thanks neighbors. Upon a little more research we have found this article on CNet that may be the answer to your question. It appears a new study from University of California, is using a new smart ring (what goes on your finger, not your home!) called Oura, to assist with early detection of COVID-19. This smart ring is not related to Ring. However, Ring is currently helping bring communities together by providing a space for neighbors to show their support for local neighborhood businesses and services. You can learn more about Neighbor Pledge here. Please let us know if you have any questions. We hope you’re staying safe & healthy.

3 Likes

I saw this same report.

1 Like