Ring Access Controller Pro UK availability?

Hi,

Can anyone tell me when Ring Access Controller Pro (for Security gates) will be available in the UK ? It seems to have been available in the US for some time now.

Many thanks.

Hi @Cloud66. At this time, we do not have a time frame of when the Ring Access Controller Pro may be available in the UK. If this is something that may become available, it will be announced here in our Updates board.

2 Likes

Hi.

Do you have any idea when Ring access controller pro will be available in the UK?

@user3364 Probably a limited market for it here. As with most smart locks. A large portion of UK homes have multipoint locks, especially new builds, which are much more complicated to automate.

Yeah, I agree. This is for gates which will mean there is no access to the property should we be out. Such as Amazon deliveries, etc…
Seems a shame having the whole house wired up to Ring and then have to get a none compatible entry intercom system which if app-enabled, would be yet another app.

Hi,

If I buy the access controller from the US, is there a chance that it will work on my gate in the UK?

1 Like

Hi @techlady. No, that will not work. Ring devices are region specific and will only work in their intended region.

1 Like

I hate to contradict but this is not correct. I live in the UK and I use the Ring access controller pro to open and close my gates. I imported it from the USA.

You have to call Ring USA to get it commissioned but that doesn’t take more than 20 mins.

It uses ethernet but also has a mobile broadband as backup. Not sure what network it uses but it works nonetheless. I have to say it is insanely good.

Hope this helps @techlady

1 Like

Hi
Did you commission the device before or after the device was shipped and if after was that pre or post installation
Many thanks

Just arranged shipment of a pro controller 2 from the US, thanks for your confirmation that it works, not sure id have been brave enough otherwise.

Any guidance on setting this up would be much appreciated. I have been looking for confirmation this workouts work to automate our gate forever! I have just ordered from the US.

Hi neighbors. At this time, the Ring Access Controller Pro is only available for purchase in the US. We do not have any information on if or when the Access Controller Pro may be available for purchase in other regions, such as the UK. If you do purchase the Access Controller Pro from the US, we can’t guarantee it will work properly and will not be able to assist if the device doesn’t work.

hi there, did you manage to find a solution at all? many thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.