Product Launch: Video Doorbell 3

The Ring Video Doorbell 3 is here! Our next-generation battery powered video doorbell has some great new options. Check them out, below.

• Near Zone feature - an additional “near” motion zone that provides motion detection in areas only 5 to 15 feet in front of your device (reducing irrelevant Motion Notifications further away).
  • Dual band wifi that work on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks
  • 1080p HD video with night vision
  • Advanced Motion Detection
  • Two-way talk with noise cancellation
  • Privacy zones

If you’re interested in adding this new Video Doorbell 3 to your setup, then you might enjoy the Ring Help Center Articles below that are packed with more information.

• Video Doorbell 3 Information - This article includes specs and answers to your top questions about this new device.
  • Proper Positioning - These helpful tips will optimize your experience with the Video Doorbell 3.
  • Setting Up - A step by step guide to getting your Video Doorbell 3 up and running!

Note: We are excited for you to get your new Video Doorbell 3 up and running! Once you connect your new Video Doorbell 3 to wifi it might take up to five minutes for it to get all its latest and greatest firmware updates. Then you will be ready to experience all your Video Doorbell 3 has to offer!

We want to hear what you think of the new Video Doorbell 3. Reply below with your feedback and questions.

Hello.

My Ring 3 has been up and running for approx 1 week.

I connected Ring to a 24 volt ac tranformer in series with a 25 ohm 50 watt resistor.

All is well…but.

My problem is HDR resolution is always switching off.

I see this was/is a problem with the ring 2 as well.

Has this problem been rectified?

1 Like

Hey @Rodneya332! The best first step here will be to ensure the Ring app is up to date for optimal functionality. Try removing and reinstalling the app, as well as ensure bluetooth and VPN is disabled.

Once completed toggle the HDR off, then back on. The app will prompt the saved change in the setting, so once it is turned on it will stay that way. If the toggle appears as off in your app still, rest assure the HDR toggle is likely still active but showing as off. Please let us know if this continues after trying the above! :slight_smile:

Latest version on Ring. (5.25.0)

Bluetooth off…no VPN.

Turned HDR on then off then on again.

Within minutes the HDR was off.

Is it on…is is off? Who knows!

I would imagine if indicator is off it’s probably off.

Do the mounting holes on the 2 and 3 match up? My doorbell is mounted on a stone wall and it was not easy drilling the mounting holes. I’d be more likely to upgrade if I knew that I could use the same holes.

Good question @andyg53! You’ll be happy to hear that the Video Doorbell 2 installation screw holes will certainly align with the Video Doorbell 3 holes. That being said, mounting accessories such as a solar charger or the wedge kits are specific to model and will not be backwards compatible. No worries, new wedge/ corner pieces will come in the box with the Video Doorbell 3.

The charging cables are of course backwards compatible. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks.

3 Likes

why the promo code is not working for my account. Freebattery discount code is not valid for the items in your cart. I’m a protect plus subscriber.

Hey @Fredou! The Protect Plus discount can be used on eligible purchases, which can be found here. If you are attempting to purchase something from that page and it is not applying the discount, please check out the Protect Plus discount terms in our help center article to ensure you’ve met all criteria. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

The problem is not with the 10% discount. I get this one in my cart. The problem is getting also the free extra battery. Thanks!

Got the ring doorbell 3 can I swap for the ring doorbell 3 plus? Will pay difference.

I received a video doorell 3 as a gift…but the battery loses its charge within 48 hours. Is this defective, can I return this?

Hi @menegonism! Upon receiving your Video Doorbell the battery will likely not be charged, for shipping safety and regulations reasons. I recommend charging the battery for several hours and monitoring the drain rate. Keep in mind the initial setup of your Video Doorbell can involve updates and, of course, testing for your newly created motion zones and other settings.

Excessive motion events, poor RSSI, frequent lengthy live view durations, and even cold temperature, can cause the battery to drain quicker. There are also batteries for sale on our accessories page, in which a spare can help keep your Doorbell online while the other battery charges.

@Kpindoria If you’ve made this purchase within the last 30 days, the exchange can certainly be done. An inquiry like this is best taken up with our support team so they can ensure all details of the process are handled at once, securely, and efficiently. Feel free to reach out to them here! :slight_smile:

The call centre will not do it. They keep saying 90 days. I don’t understand. Just seem to be going round in circles.

I have shut off the motion alert feature and will see how it works. It seems to shut down over night.

so in the morning, I just take the battery out and then immediately put it back in and it works fine.

I initially charged the battery overnight, and when in the morning it is not working, I check the battery level and it’s fine. then I pop out the battery and pop it back in and it works???

any ideas?

This was a gift for mothers day…

Did you charge your battery to 100% @menegonism ? Is it up and running now? Thanks!

Yes, it is working but only because I have turned the motion alerts conmpletyely off…it was draining the battery.

Then you need help adjusting and finding the best motion zones for you and your home. Take a look at these articles to assist with that. Feel free to post a screen shot of how you have your motion zones as well as field of view of your device so we can help further :slight_smile:

I ordered on the 11th of may and still have to received shippment or any knid of verification of a delivery date. Are there any updates as to when delivery will start?

Hi @Clarkent! With recent events it is likely that any delivery or postal services are experiencing delays. That being said, this seems like a long time without receiving your order. Upon placing the order, you should have received a receipt or confirmation. Check this, or your email, for any tracking information. Feel free to reach out to our support team by phone if you need assistance tracking your order! :slight_smile:

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile: