“Missed Ring” but door is answered

Hi,

I have a video doorbell and an alarm system. I find the missed ring notifications frustrating when I am at home.

Is there a way for it not to be classed as “missed” when the alarm door sensor recognises the door opening or for your location being at home to disable the “missed ring”? It seems odd you need to answer the door using the app even when at home. So there must be a workaround to this that I’ve yet to discover?

Also on another matter, I see many posts requesting a second alarm siren (for outdoor) and professional monitoring. It’s a real shame Ring are not intending to invest in both of these for the U.K. when similar products in the U.K. provide this.

Hi @Rafiki. A missed Ring indicates that the button on your Ring Video Doorbell was pushed, an event was recorded, but the notification on your mobile device did not answer it. This is normal behavior for your Ring Video Doorbell and does not impact how it functions.

At this time we do not have an external siren for the Ring Alarm system. As we value your feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbours to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbours that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

The answer that Kudos was given was rubbish. The concept of a doorbell is simple. If someone rings it you go and anwer it, not search around for a pesky mobile phone which might not be swiched on anyway in “normal” households where a land line is more convenient.

1 Like

I agree, the answer was total rubbish. when the ring doorbell is pressed, you should get a notification on your mobile, NOT missed ring. There is obviously a fault on the ring app. I have asked ring a couple of times but they seem totally incapable of resolving this. the help desk people are useless, they have a script, that’s it. If I csant get an answer next time, I will chuck the ring bell into the dustbin!

1 Like

I also agree that this is a completely useless reply.
Why would I need to check the app when I’m at home? I’m lazy but not to that point?!
Maybe this product is made for people who cannot be bothered to walk to the door in any circumstances?
I see a possibility for this to work and the software to see that there was someone on the other side of the door.
If the camera detects movement on the opposite side of the picture assume this is the homies. Of course this should be switchable, ON OFF.