Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing: Modes

SOLVED
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Introducing: Modes

Hey @SamSmith. You will be able to change what Mode your camera is in from the Dashboard. On the Dashboard, you will pick from the Disarm, Home and Away options! Please note that this is only from the Ring mobile app. 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Figured it out... if you have cameras in more than one location you have to select a location from the top menu for the mode buttons to show up.  They don't show up if you are looking at the "All Cameras" option on the dashboard.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

How do I activate 'Live view' in 'Home Mode'?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @redmocho, happy to chime in here. You'll need to adjust your Modes settings to ensure that Live View is enabled for your Ring device in Home Mode. You can do this by following the instructions below.

• Open the Ring app.
  • Tap the three-lined icon in the upper-right corner to open the side menu.
  • Tap Settings.
  • Tap Modes.
  • Tap the mode you want to configure.
  • Set how you want your devices to behave in that mode

Once Live View is enabled for your device in Home Mode, you'll be able to tap on the Camera Preview or the Live View button on the device profile page. I hope that helps! Smiley Happy 

Curious and want to learn more about the Community? Visit our Community 101 - New Member Checklist here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thanks, that helped!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Since modes was installed as an upgrade, independent of the mode being home or away, the sound/alarm sporadically remains silence on my phone even though there is activity on the doors or camera. Should I disable modes. Before everything was excellent
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @1alejof. You may want to uninstall the Ring App, restart your phone to clear the cache, and reinstall the Ring App. This will refresh the settings and ensure that you're receiving the notifications you should be. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Smiley Happy

Curious and want to learn more about the Community? Visit our Community 101 - New Member Checklist here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

It has been a year, and you still can't schedule modes...or better yet, schedule motion recording for a camera. I can disable alerts, but I still have 1000 motion recordings on my kitchen during the day. 

I just want it to record at night, or I can use modes when we are actually away. I don't want to have to change a mode every single day.

So, any update on this?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @imaidiot19. There is no update or ETA on mode scheduling at this time. I'd suggest keeping an eye on the News and Announcements board here, as we'll always post updates and new releases here. Smiley Happy