Introducing: Modes

Hope all is well. The modes feature is no longer working correctly. Up until this morning when I put ring on disabled all my cameras would basically turn off all motion alerts. Worked great for when someone was working in the yard.

For some reason, even though modes is set to disabled and motion on my side camera is suppose to be turned off, this one camera continues to push motion notifications to my phones, chime and Alexa devices. All other camera obey the disabled command. It’s just this side camera. I have restarted everything, deleted and redownloaded the app and disabled and reenabled modes.

Thanks

I’m having the exact same issue.

Me too. Same issue. Modes works correctly in “Home” and “Away” modes. But when I go to “Disarm” mode. I have it set to disarm all cameras. It will not disarm the 2 flood light cams though outside. Please help us. Thanks.

Sorry to hear about this, neighbors! If the modes feature is not working as intended, the best first step will be to remove and reinstall the Ring app on your mobile device. Please ensure your mobile device connection and processing is optimal by closing other apps or connection protocols not related to the Ring app, as well as trying on wifi and cellular data. This will help to ensure the command to change modes is being communicated in it’s entirety.

Please also try switching the mode again, waiting a moment, and switching back to disarmed. If this concern persists, try reconfiguring your modes and saving them to see if this improves operation. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I am missing something. I cannont find in the app where I can change what mode my camera is in. I can change the settings of the three modes but I can’t change to a different mode. Can anyone help?

Hey @SamSmith. You will be able to change what Mode your camera is in from the Dashboard. On the Dashboard, you will pick from the Disarm, Home and Away options! Please note that this is only from the Ring mobile app.

Figured it out… if you have cameras in more than one location you have to select a location from the top menu for the mode buttons to show up. They don’t show up if you are looking at the “All Cameras” option on the dashboard.

1 Like

How do I activate ‘Live view’ in ‘Home Mode’?

Hi @redmocho, happy to chime in here. You’ll need to adjust your Modes settings to ensure that Live View is enabled for your Ring device in Home Mode. You can do this by following the instructions below.

• Open the Ring app.
  • Tap the three-lined icon in the upper-right corner to open the side menu.
  • Tap ** Settings.**
  • Tap Modes.
  • Tap the mode you want to configure.
  • Set how you want your devices to behave in that mode

Once Live View is enabled for your device in Home Mode, you’ll be able to tap on the Camera Preview or the Live View button on the device profile page. I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks, that helped!

1 Like

Since modes was installed as an upgrade, independent of the mode being home or away, the sound/alarm sporadically remains silence on my phone even though there is activity on the doors or camera. Should I disable modes. Before everything was excellent

Hi @1alejof. You may want to uninstall the Ring App, restart your phone to clear the cache, and reinstall the Ring App. This will refresh the settings and ensure that you’re receiving the notifications you should be. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

It has been a year, and you still can’t schedule modes…or better yet, schedule motion recording for a camera. I can disable alerts, but I still have 1000 motion recordings on my kitchen during the day.

I just want it to record at night, or I can use modes when we are actually away. I don’t want to have to change a mode every single day.

So, any update on this?

Hi @imaidiot19. There is no update or ETA on mode scheduling at this time. I’d suggest keeping an eye on the News and Announcements board here, as we’ll always post updates and new releases here. :slight_smile:

Re: Introducing: Modes

Is there a way to turn off notifications but still have the devices recording by using Modes. At the moment I have to turn off notifications on each device, one at a time. Surely it should be possible to set this up with a modified mode??

1 Like

Yes, the fact that disarm turns off recording is a real problem and renders the modes as useless for me because you lose all the security of having a 24/7 camera(a feature that is awesome and why I own the Ring system). So, I have turned the modes off. I simple now just set the device to Motion detect on and alert to off when a person is home because I want to record everything and yet not be bothered by 35 alerts a day as I or my kids go in and out of the house (especially on weekends). There needs to be the 4th mode for no alerts.

1 Like

I use the ring app on my iPad en iPhone. I have 5 ring cams. Generally they work well. There appears to be an issue with synchronising modes across the devices. The camera thumbnails show which mode is active, but the badges at the top of the screen do not update to my iPad when changed on my iPhone. I shall upload two images to demonstrate this. Is this a known issue?

Hi @NTMJ. I would ensure that the Ring app on both devices is up to date. If your Ring app is out of date, you can experience issues when toggling different Modes.

I don’t know why but I am in Disarm mode but motion, video and alarms are still active, why. Is it because this is a brand new install. I have it as security and while home I am constantly walking by and setting off the video. Plus it has a light and then it lights me up.