moving and leaving cameras and alarm for next owner--what to do?

I am moving and want to leave behind my ring alarm and cameras for the next owner. How can they use them and what I should I do prior to moving?

Hey @sfjazzman. I recommend leaving everything as is for the new owners, as they may like the setup as well, and can move it if they wish. For removing yourself as the owner of the device so they just need to set them up in their Ring app, it should be simple for you. You will need to remove the camera(s)/doorbell(s) first by going into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Go one device at a time > Device Settings > General Settings > Remove this device. Removing the device here will remove you of ownership, so whomever sets it up after will be the new owner.

For the Alarm Base Station, you will need to remove all devices first and then unregister the Base Station. To unregister the Alarm devices, you will go one at time into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Alarm Base Station > Alarm device to remove (contact sensor, keypad, motion detectors, etc.) > Gear icon at the top right > Advanced Options > Remove Device and follow the steps in the app. If this fails, do Remove Failed Device. Once all parts are removed and the Base Station is left, go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Alarm Base Station > Base Station > Gear icon at the top right > Advanced Options > Unregister Base Station. Once unregistered, the new owner can set up the Base Station and then all Alarm Devices.

If they have any problems, or if you want to leave the note before you move on, I recommend giving them the number to our support team available here. This way, if they have any issues setting them up, they can contact support. It’s best to also leave your number in case they need to get in contact with you for ownership concerns, or the realtor that can get in touch with you for them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What if I unregistered the base station but unfortunately didn’t remove each contact sensor? And I will be leaving all these devices for the new homeowner

Hi @Mdann28, happy to chime in here. I would recommend sending the new homeowner our support team’s contact information so they can reach out if they have any trouble when trying to setup the Ring Alarm system. Our support team can be reached at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: