Windows 10 app standalone install

As it says on the tin, it would be greatly desirable and appreciated if the Windows 10 app Ring - Always Home was also available as a direct download / standalone install. The requirement for the Windows 10 store is appalling and problematic for certain computers to the point where it is unusable.

1 Like

Hi @ZekeW. Thank you for your feedback on this! I will make sure to pass this feedback onto the appropriate teams for you. We are always striving to make the experience better and easier for our neighbors. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

@Chelsea_Ring, any update on getting a standalone download of the Ring app for Windows 10?

I previously had it installed and all was working. Then I received and error when logging in. Don’t remember what it was. Advice on this forum was to delete app and re-install. I deleted it and now am unable to re-install. It says it’s going ahead but then nothing happens.

I need the Ring App for Windows 10. You are the manufacturer and support. If there is a problem with the Microsoft Windows store in providing the app, then I expect you to work on my behalf to determine what the problem is.

If there are specific requirements to download the Ring app from the microsoft store, then please list them in a reply.

This is not a feature request. This is an app request. Please provide a direct download if Microsoft is having a problem delivering your app.

Thank you