WiFi 6

hello

Will the Ring Video Doorbell PRO connect to a Netgear NIGHTHAWK® MESH WIFI 6 SYSTEM (MK62)?

Many thanks for any advice.

Regards

1 Like

Hi @sheddy90. The Video Doorbell Pro needs a 2.4GHz or a 5.0GHz wifi connection and does not require a specific type or model of router. I hope that helps. :slight_smile:

Do ring devices, specifically the ring doorbell 3 plus, the ring chime and the ring stick up cam, connect with WiFi 6, 802.11ax?

Hi @phillipvb. Ring devices require a 802.11 a/b/g/n wifi connection. When looking at any of our devices on our website, you can scroll down to Tech Specs and find the connectivity information there as well. I hope that helps answer your question! :slight_smile:

I just upgraded to a Wifi 6 router - important to note AX. So I can connect all of my ring devices (many several years old), but I can’t connect my doorbell 1. Your thread seems to imply no door bells work with AX, and I have to turn AX off because the ring doorbell device does not support AX. Is that true? Do newer doorbells work with AX?

This is a pretty big issue IMHO. Please advise.

PS. I’ve factory rebooted the doorbell, tried to synch using Mac-ID and without. All the other ring devices connected perfectly to my new wifi 6 router

Hi there, @bill.linda! In addition to the network requirements shared previously in this thread, some routers may have advanced options that could be adjusted to create a more compatible network environment. As a test, please ensure the network is meeting the aforementioned mentioned requirements, as well as utilizing a standard/ universal encryption type, and allowing connection to these ports and protocols. As you mentioned a particular mode preventing one of your devices from connecting, the best next step might be reaching out to our support team for a more in-depth look at your network and more advanced solutions.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to update us on any solutions you find. :slight_smile:

I just bought an AX router also, the doorbell worked fine but the Chime would not connect, there is a setting in the router to run another ssid in a wifi 5/ac compatibility mode along side wifi 6, the chime works fine on this.

Perhaps you need to look for this option, though ideally I’d rather have an updated unit.

Most but, not all tri band wifi 6 mesh systems allow you to setup a guest network and allocate 2.4ghz to it. Which works with my ring doorbell 2

God forbid is Ring keeps up with current network standards. found out their Stick Cam does not support 802.11ax or ac however their Floodlight Cam Wired Pro ( which is sold as two devices bundled in the same package) does! Now why would they have some devices that do and some that don’t Dont bother calling support, you’ll be sent to India where there don’t know anything about the product nor do they care. Went out and bought two Cisco Business 150ax WAP for my new home for this setup only to find all this out after the fact. Taking the product back and going Google.