Video switches off

I have a ring doorbell 2. At night the recording switches itself off but as far as I can see I have no settings set which should cause this!! Usually during the day it takes a snapshot every 15 minutes (based on my settings) but at night absolutely nothing!!! Weve had activity on the street lately so it would have been useful to have this working.

Thanks

Hi @Tigger2810! To optimize your Snapshot Capture feature, check out the steps in our help center article. I recommend also checking any motion snooze, motion scheduling, or even mode options to see if there might be anything preventing night time capture there. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thank you for your reply. I have tried all of that yet it still turns off in the night?

Thanks for trying those steps @Tigger2810! If your Snapshot feature is enabled, it should remain enabled even throughout the night. Video communication and event capturing relies heavily on wifi connection. Please check your Device Health in the Ring app to ensure it has a good RSSI. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

Removing and reinstalling the app is another great step. This will ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. If this concern persists, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.